Riding two up

(BUSAFETT @ Aug. 09 2007,16:58) I think I'm gonna be sick..
Try some Pepto.
all_coholic.gif

Well atleast you guys are putting helmets on the kids and putting them in the rear.

I saw a guy today on a cruiser with a kid in the front. Maybe 5 or 6 years old. His feet just dangling and hanging on the handlebars.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I took my oldest son out(on the tank in front of me) when he was 3. We only rode around my parents neighborhood at around 10 to 15 miles an hour. He loved it and wanted to go faster. Took my 11 year old step daughter for a short ride on the Busa and she is ready to go again. My youngest son is 5 and not sure I am ready to have in on back yet. I know he would love it, he is bike and car nut. He would rather go to car shows than anything else in the world.

I started riding my daughter Halie when she was 13, but that is also when I got the bike. As Michell said, I take Halie to the Gap all the time. We sometimes will have a 350 mile day and we both love it. She has just turned 15 and still rides with me. I have almost 25000 miles on the busa and I bet she has been on the back 20000 of them.
smile.gif
Main thing, Know your surroundings all of the time and do not ride unless your 100% in good mental and physical condition. Have fun and be careful.
biggrin.gif

(kaosccw @ Aug. 09 2007,08:50) I started out riding on the tank of dad's kawi. I was too small to ride behind, I was 2 or 3 yrs.

Gear? Same as now flip flops and a tank top.
all_coholic.gif
MY FATHER DID THID WITH ME ALSO, BACK IN THE DAY ! Sat on the tank in a diaper, no more than 2 yrs, old. He rode with a group of guys, they were all cops so he wasn't worried about illegal !

My 10 year old wants to ride. Been asking for a couple of years now. For me, I'm just not ready for him on the street. I know that a ride around the block will lead to riding to the store that leads to... We do some off-road stuff and for now that seems to quench his thirst. Face it. Motorcycles are dangerous and lifethreatening hobbies. I'm not worried about me making a mistake... it's the guy running the red light drunk. If that ever happened and something happened to him... my life (including my marraige) would be ruined. Guns go off at shooting ranges by accident... cords fail to open in skydiving...

My daughter (11 yrs. old) always wants to go with me, and I took her around the hood, now it's "I wanna go fast, on the BIG ROAD " I did it a couple times, and it scared the s@#t outta me !!!!

I already lost one to S.I.D.S. I couldn't imagine living with myself if it was my fault that something happened ?

But I don't see anything wrong WITH IT, I'm just PARANOID !! AND THAT ALONE WILL TAKE YOU OUT !!

When ether one of my two crum snatchers want a ride I put the back rest on the corbin and off we go. Never have had any problems..............
beerchug.gif

josh_and_jake.jpg

(4wd @ Aug. 09 2007,07:36) I think the biggest problem with having your 7 yr old ride with you is you will hook him at such a young age to the world of 2 wheeling.
I agree.... I was in Italy at age 12, my cousin took me for a ride on a sport-bike and was FLYING with me on it (at least it felt damn fast to me!!!!) That was the turning point in my life where I wanted a sport-bike. 20 years later I finally got one.
laugh.gif

Same thing with ATV's and ATC's, I was maybe 10 when I got on the back of an ATC, Honda Big Red. Had to have one!!!!!!

Be careful what you introduce your kid to!!!

Back