Road Trip!

wow, I wish I could take the time to do that
It's not the time but the money. I'm a consultant and have to come up with four weeks of furlough; time I'm not working, hence not getting paid. So I volunteer for three weeks at the end of July. "nope nope, you have to take a week each quarter." Ah well, so two weeks in April instead of one (to make up for the first quarter that they "discovered"), three weeks in July, and one week in October. The contract is simply extended for the 6 weeks and doesn't come up for renewal until the middle of January. It's a pain in the ass and I'm probably going to bail because of it but I have to stick out the contract. But I have a one week monthly checking coming at the end of August. wheee

Carl

WOW, all this makes me real excited about my first big trip (hopefully next spring)

great pics, sounds like you had an amazing time!

8overin808
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOW, all this makes me real excited about my first big trip (hopefully next spring)

great pics, sounds like you had an amazing time! [/QUOTE]

rock.gif
It should'nt take you no longer than 2 hrs to get around that rock (Oahu).
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Nice trip dm_gsxr and thank you for sharing. Since I'll be heading out your way this month how cold can I expect it to get early morning and night fall ?

Nice trip dm_gsxr and thank you for sharing. Since I'll be heading out your way this month how cold can I expect it to get early morning and night fall ?
I haven't lived here long enough to be able to give you a good feel. Plus it depends on where you're headed. Down here on the front range it was 70 coming in this morning and I expect it was 10 or so degrees cooler in the mountains. These past couple of days it's been spattering rain in the afternoon. In the mountains it seems to cloud up and rain at about 2pm every day. We were hiking on Sunday and there was rain, thunder and lightning at about 2:30.

Down in Gunnison the temps can be drastically different. They seem to have the absolute coldest temps and most snow in the winter.

I'd say just pop out to the weather channel website and check the 10 day forecast before you leave. Then make sure you're prepared; sweatshirt for under your gear, rain suit if your gear isn't waterproof. I do that for my rides anyway. The Aerostich is waterproof as are the Harley boots. I wear earplugs and a hood all the time on the trip, mostly to keep the road noise out (boy do I get looks in 100 degree temps
smile.gif
) and it keeps the rain out if necessary. My gear is plastic bagged inside the saddle bags (and it keeps the road dust off my clothes too) and tailbag and my tank bag cover is handy.

Have fun!

Carl

I'm without words
smile.gif
, wow fantastic trip, fantastic pics, everything fantastic.
Hayabusa , great bike.
biggrin.gif

Those pictures and scenary were awesome, and a definite for a real road trip like yours one day!!
biggrin.gif
You must have really enjoyed yourself and that much riding!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The wiff and I are planning a 5-day trip end of teh month but we have yet to decide where we're going to go.

I'm impressed. Thanks for the awesome report.

--Wag--

All the routes on the map at the top have referenced pages on my website. I think this one is the first one that's even 90% complete (still have to label the pics in the daily albums).

http://www.schelin.org

All the items on the left side link to a ride report section along with the dates of the ride. Most of the single day rides are on the 'busa. There are three multi-day 'busa rides listed including this one.

Wag: Especially the green route on the west coast. Maybe a trip up to Yosemite would be worthwhile. I think it's only a day ride up then you can spend a couple of days exploring the area.

Carl

Back