Seat for Gen 3

Robert 0046

Registered
Hi theres a lot of things to consider when you plan to change or modify your bikes drivers seat i have the Brocks Corbin seat on my Gen 3 bike and in my opinion it looks great. I would like to know which one you have? Did you sended yours to a profecional for upholsery shop or you purchased one thats has been already made? If you already changed the style let us see your drivers seat so we all can have an idea. Ill begin with mine thank you.

Screenshot_20230712_102057_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought a Suzuki comfort seat off of eBay for $120 and it was worth ever penny. Long cruises to the beach it’s much softer than stock. I’m going to take my stock seat and take it apart and wrap it in cheetah print suede for when I’m out causing chaos on the roads.

I just bought a Suzuki comfort seat off of eBay for $120 and it was worth ever penny. Long cruises to the beach it’s much softer than stock. I’m going to take my stock seat and take it apart and wrap it in cheetah print suede for when I’m out causing chaos on the roads.
Any pics?

I was looking at the Brocks seat… would like to try adding gel to a stock seat if I can find one. Anyone in here with a custom or aftermarket seat that wants to recoup some of that custom money hit me up!
I have a 1” thick square of gel upholstery foam padding coming to see about trying to put it on my “race” seat. I’ll let you know in a week or so.

I have the Suzuki upgrade comfort seat, it looks great with its two different materials and red stitching, it may be a little softer than stock but not tremendously softer. I like it a lot but will have my stock seat modified when I get to it.

89436AAE-9BDC-4C03-8A7C-441F41116981.jpeg

4511A5B3-FBBB-4281-9AFE-09E801B0C4FA.jpeg

The material on the sides of the Suzuki comfort seat is very grippy and the stitching, workmanship and fit is top notch. Looking at from the bottom it appears it’s built on the same OEM base as the stock seat.

The material on the sides of the Suzuki comfort seat is very grippy and the stitching, workmanship and fit is top notch. Looking at from the bottom it appears it’s built on the same OEM base as the stock seat.
Yeah it’s definitely the same frame. I think because of the seam where the two fabrics are mated has a harder edge it feels narrower on the legs when riding.

Not a fan of painting a new seat i think they can make the seat with blue stitching too

I don't paint or touch the seat, only the threads, 2 coats of a black Sharpie...and any color thread becomes black, lol.
But, at $130 for the seat, which is cheap in terms of aftermarket seats, buy one, cut the threads out, and have it restitched in whatever color blue thread matches the bike best.
Any uphosterly shop should be able to do this easily and inexpensively...and I bet so could your grandmother, mom, aunt, or any older lady in your family can sew...seriously.

I rode a little more last night double checking some clearances and what not and paid more attention to the seat specifically. I know the comfort seat isn’t narrower, but the sewn edge and the different in materials really makes it feel narrower when cruising and more responsive/planted at speed. It’s like memory foam almost, squishy for 1/2-3/4” and then firm but soft. I’m definitely glad I got it.

A friend of mine has a gen 3 with a Corbin seat. I got a chance to sit on it and It was a night and day difference in comfort even just sitting on it in the parking lot.

$422 is steep but for comfort, it just well may be worth it.
Is that the Brock’s/Corbin? I’ve heard it’s not the most comfortable seat….
I love how much cheaper these seats are!
My BadBoyzCycles was $700!! It’s far superior to my Saddleman that was $350

I rode a little more last night double checking some clearances and what not and paid more attention to the seat specifically. I know the comfort seat isn’t narrower, but the sewn edge and the different in materials really makes it feel narrower when cruising and more responsive/planted at speed. It’s like memory foam almost, squishy for 1/2-3/4” and then firm but soft. I’m definitely glad I got it.
How about weight vs the factory one?

Back