Selling my Busa...hello S1k

Just had it dyno tuned and it made 191.06 and 82.05 tq. Before tune it was only 181hp ...haven't had a chance to ride it since the tune.

The BMW is an awesome machine no doubt. But IMHO a different animal, I would love to own both if I had the means. congrats on your new motor

All that doh on a new bike and you could have turbo'd yours with double the HP for less :)

Nice bike

The Busa could have 500 Hp. and it still won't do the same thing. Two different Bikes for Two different purpose's. :yes:

As much as I loved my Busa's this BMW is very fun. It is actually pretty comfortable and the safety modes let you push things I wouldn't have done before. The only issue I have had and still do a little is the front gets head shake on hard acceleration. I upgraded the damper and it is much better now. I haven't raced a lot of guys yet just playing some. But I think it will be awhile before I get smoked. Rider error would be the reason if I lose a race...lol.

I am seriously considering trading my Busa for the BMW S 1000 RR or a KTM 1290 Super Duke R.
Please keep the Beemer reports coming.

I currently have a KLR650 dualsport and used to ride a Hayabusa. Sold the busa because of high insurance and the dualsport was more versatile than the busa. I'm looking at picking up another busa, ZX14R, or a 1000 superbike like the S1000RR. I loved the rocket acceleration at any speed the busa could do yet I never got uncomfortable on longer rides. What are the big differences you feel in the two bikes? Can the S1000RR do long distance while remaining comfortable? I've never ridden any motorcycles except dirt bikes, my dual sport, and my busa. I loved my busa. I think (think) I got about 1000 miles out of a rear tire and I had never even done a burnout.

the H2 walks the 1000rr but then again it shud.... still think the BMW is the best lookn liter bike out there tho. that red n black is HOT! worked the Puerto Rican day parade here in Bridegport, CT yesterday and seen about 200 bikes and hands down the black n red 1000rr was just the best lookn bike out there. the blue n white was hot too. and the best part was there was a HOT PR chic riding it!

Just a update. Bike is running great still. I ended up putting a Ohlins damper on to help the headshake issue. Haven't lost any roll on races yet ; ). I don't like from a dig. As for long distance I haven't went for any long rides yet but haven't been uncomfortable in my daily rides. The new 2015 has cruise control that I bet is nice. I was thinking of a turbo busa or a 1441 kit before I sold my Busa but really just wanted a change. I hope the Gen 3 isn't going to be a let down and might try to get that for the wife. Lol.

Yeah, that's pretty cool that that 2015 comes with cruise control and heated grips, my buddy wants one pretty bad! He has a Triumph Daytona 675 and already does a lot of riding, he really loves that it comes with cruise control! I love having it on my Busa!! I had to double check with him when he mentioned the c control on the S1000RR, very surprising for such of machine!!:thumbsup:

This is the one I been looking at . It is a friend of mines that this place is selling consignment , so the price will be way different . . Still trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger or not .
BMW 2012 S 1000 RR

vp4344932_1_large.jpg

vp4344932_6_large.jpg

vp4344932_4_large.jpg

Back