Stabilizer for a beginner rider?

I'm Cole I'm the one buying the bike. Thank you all for the help. I would still like to do a stabilizer but I'm going to put it off for awhile.

Send him my way if he needs to pick up some new gear or anything parts for that thing :thumbsup:

If you're planning on helping him with the spark plugs, have fun with that:banghead: You're going to have a whole new appreciation for how easy it is to work on your bike

I already sent him a link for ya when the parts store didn't have plugs. We looked up a how-to on the cbr forum AFTER I said I'd help him :banghead:

Thanks for all the replys, he's signed up here and should be posting up soon. :thumbsup:

I wish I could agree with that. A good friend of mine almost took out 3 of us on the freeway after a tank slapper when landing a 5 mile wheelie one time. Never in my life met a guy that could wheelie like him. Crap happens..

A stabilizer won't prevent a tankslapper, it'll just calm headshake.
Been there, done that.
I'm only good for about 2 miles so far, but my friend can do 5!:laugh:

Cole, there are so many better ways and other priorities FIRST before a steering stabilizer comes into the picture. However, If you just make so much dang money you can't spend it fast enough, go ahead be my guest :thumbsup:

Tires, brakes, suspension settings, etc. all have priority over a damper. Oh, and don't forget TRACKDAYS if you REALLY want to learn how your bike performs!

There's a new track opening up less than an hour away from rooster and I. I'm hoping they'll do a couple of schools up there. And if not I know some guys that will go up with me and give me some pointers

There's a new track opening up less than an hour away from rooster and I. I'm hoping they'll do a couple of schools up there. And if not I know some guys that will go up with me and give me some pointers

Set the suspension sag first thing on whatever bike you get.
It's free, and is meant to be done, so that the bike handles correctly with your bodyweight on it.

Second, learn to ride a standup wheelie, chics dig it, your friends that can't will hate you, and nothing else on a motorcycle matters:laugh:
Welcome to the org.

Signing the paperwork and getting some of the extras tomorrow at work. Hopefully it will be home Friday morning. I'm starting to get nervous and I don't even have the damn thing yet.

Gotta +1 a ot of whats here...I rode my '95 CBR900RR with it's tiny 16" front wheel for years with no stabilizer, and honestly in some ways liked the feedback I got without the pneumatics getting in the way. That said, if you're worried about head shake or just feeling a bit nervous about it, a GPR is a nice unit on the 600RRs and relatively cheap...I like the rotary style resistance knob too, turn it way down for less intrusive operation, or crank it up for more front dampening, it's up to you! :)

You know he bought the bike, and hasn't posted pics yet, right?? :rulez::rulez::rulez:

I tell ya, those Northern New Yorker's aren't all there.. :poke:

Back