StreetShark's Hayabusa

Let me tell you I AM NOT rich lol. I'm just dedicated and I LOVE motorcycles and I LOVE my bike. This is the only way to get everything I want out of one bike.

Me neither, yet I've spent thousands on most every bike that I've ever owned.
We understand, lol

Screenshot_20240725-124435_Gallery.jpg

Also swapped out the original clutch hub nut for a Schnitz Racing piece. I kinda wanted to make my own but ran out of time for now.

OEM part - .77 oz
Schnitz - .47 oz

Not a huge savings but every bit helps. I think next I might have some Swiss cheese titanium washers made up for the hub nut and for the back side of the hub in the basket as well.

IMG_4890.jpeg

IMG_4891.jpeg

Aluminum sprocket side wheel cover carrier

I received my prototype for the sprocket side wheel cover carrier today and it fits and looks great. This is just raw right off the machine as I did not have time to wait for any special finishing like polishing, blasting or anodizing. I kinda like it this way though.

So as stated before, basically this is an adapter that fits between the sprocket carrier and the sprocket that allows me to run a sprocket side wheel cover with no internal hardware like I was previously using. I had to do this because my standard 3 hole mounting system was not able to work with the 5 spoke pattern of the BST RapidTeks. I did not want to do 5 rods because I thought that was unnecessarily complicated with extra pieces. What I ended up creating unintentionally was a system that allows for the motorcycle to run a single side wheel cover while retaining a rear brake if the owner chooses, which to my knowledge is not offered by anyone. Obviously my intent is to run both sides but single is an option this way since the internal hardware no longer exists.

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

Full assembly

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

I will be doing some testing at my local airport a few days this coming week, and then I'm really looking forward to seeing how the bike performs next weekend at Shift Sector. The bike is almost an entirely new package since the last time it was raced (new engine, new wheels, different sprockets, and a bunch of parts here and there).

Aluminum sprocket side wheel cover carrier

I received my prototype for the sprocket side wheel cover carrier today and it fits and looks great. This is just raw right off the machine as I did not have time to wait for any special finishing like polishing, blasting or anodizing. I kinda like it this way though.

So as stated before, basically this is an adapter that fits between the sprocket carrier and the sprocket that allows me to run a sprocket side wheel cover with no internal hardware like I was previously using. I had to do this because my standard 3 hole mounting system was not able to work with the 5 spoke pattern of the BST RapidTeks. I did not want to do 5 rods because I thought that was unnecessarily complicated with extra pieces. What I ended up creating unintentionally was a system that allows for the motorcycle to run a single side wheel cover while retaining a rear brake if the owner chooses, which to my knowledge is not offered by anyone. Obviously my intent is to run both sides but single is an option this way since the internal hardware no longer exists.

View attachment 1686196

View attachment 1686197

View attachment 1686198

Full assembly

View attachment 1686199

View attachment 1686201

View attachment 1686200

I will be doing some testing at my local airport a few days this coming week, and then I'm really looking forward to seeing how the bike performs next weekend at Shift Sector. The bike is almost an entirely new package since the last time it was raced (new engine, new wheels, different sprockets, and a bunch of parts here and there).

How long did it take the cnc to run and mill that out?

Well I did not quite get the speed I was hoping for this weekend at the Indy Airstrip Attack, but the bike still performed pretty well.

First run off the trailer was 181.3 MPH which qualified me 3rd behind a Kawasaki H2 and a turbo Hayabusa

IMG_8206.jpeg

I ended up running a couple 184.xx MPH passes in the second round and knocked out the turbo Busa

Went to the final with the H2 and ran 182.xx compared to what I think was 196.xx by the H2

IMG_8207.jpeg

I was running E85 so a little down on power compared to the 2WL tune and the bike was hooking up pretty well. I made some tweaks for the last one and made it spicier and spun a bit on the launch and had a hard time shifting two separate times. I think that pass would have been something more like 186-187 if everything went right.

I’ll get some videos posted later today

Haven’t had a chance to mess with video and get it on my YouTube channel to share here yet.

Here’s the only photo I have from Indy

IMG_5166.jpeg

Went down to NC and SC on vacation a couple weeks ago.

While in NC I stopped by EJRs shop to do some tuning and hung out with Evan and BoostedCatfish for the day. Got the bike straightened out and went for a short ride and did some pulls with Adam on his Gen 3. I have some video of that I need to get on here as well.

IMG_5175.jpeg

IMG_5176.jpeg

IMG_5178.jpeg

IMG_5179.jpeg

From there I spent the next week in SC and just snapped a couple photos at the place we stayed at

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg

I’m working on some new stuff that I’ll share soon

Back