Sweet Gloves, Great Prices!

To follow up, I got my Violator Pros from NewEnough.com today. Would have been here Wednesday if the morons at FedEx hadn't put them on the wrong route truck and left them on there for TWO FREAKIN' DAYS!!! :cussing:

So, great service from New Enough, seemingly great gloves from Teknic, and FED EX F*CKIN' SUCKS... as usual. I had to call Fed Ex and talk to three different managers to convince them to check with the driver and see why my package had been on a truck for delivery for two days. I understand mistakes and delays but when nobody makes an effort to fix the mistake, I have a major problem with that.

Thanks again for the link, Rev. Saved me some bucks. :D

By the way, I got the black/white/silver color combo. They look great. I'd post a photo but I dropped and wrecked my dang digital elph this morning. I could have cried if it would have helped I loved that little camera. If Canon can't fix it I guess I'll buy another one.

Hey Rev...my DOCTOR uses them VIOLATER gloves....and I gotta tell ya....I AM NOT A BIG FAN.....

Hey Rev...my DOCTOR uses them VIOLATER gloves....and I gotta tell ya....I AM NOT A BIG FAN.....
Ah your not foolin me...You liked it...I know you did...Got that "Special Feeling" didn't ya? :laugh:

Bulletrain, Glad to hear the gloves finally showed. I hope you never has a use for them.

Bulletrain, Glad to hear the gloves finally showed.  I hope you never has a use for them.
Yeah, I meant to add earlier that Sandra and Holly at newenough.com have been a real pleasure to deal with. They were far more concerned about my problem with FedEx than FedEx was. I'll definitely be buying from them again. I'm also giving their link to all the riders I know. I try to support the good shops with my money and word of mouth. :)

By the way, I'm also looking at a pair of black Alpine Star SMX-5 gloves from them. The Violators are a bit on the wild side for normal cruising. I bought them mainly for when I take the busa to the drag strip or when I start pushing her a little harder. I was looking at the SMX-5's for normal, everyday cruising and such. Anybody have experience with Alpine Star gloves?

See the SMX-5 gloves about halfway down this page:

New Enough Alpine Star Gloves

I bought a 2 piece JR highland suit.  I bought the wrong size.  I called them and asked about exchanging.  Sandra said no problem.  I told her I would mail them out that day.  After I got home drom the post office I had an email saying that my new one was already at FEDEX.

I will also spread the word about their excellent customer service.

Cool, Spread the word...(NO I DO NOT OWN STOCK...YET)

Bulletrain, you rirde the Haybusa and the gloves are a bit on the wildside?:super: Uh yeah man, it's the gloves...NOT.

Wear what you want though bro, remember your hands are pretty important. Alpinstar I think has allways made good stuff.

Those gloves look so bulky...you guys don't have any problems maneuvering the hand controls?  I've got some gloves, but not anything that will really help save my tender little fingers if I go down...

They just look so bulky to me...I'm afraid to buy without trying them on first... :sad:

I had wondered about the Violator Pros, Michelle. I had tried on a few different kinds of gloves at the dealer where I bought my busa and they all felt kinda stiff and bulky. I really wasn't sure I'd like them. Once I got the Violators and slid them on I liked them better than any other race type gloves I have tried. I haven't rode with them yet, but they feel far more comfortable and flexible than the others did.

I had concerns about how it would feel operating the clutch and brakes with the others. I don't have any such concerns about the Violator Pros. I really think they're gonna work out. I'd definitely recommend trying gloves on before you buy if possible. They're definitely not created equally. :)

Thanks Chris...

Guess I'll check out gloves in a store first...I know I can find Joe Rocket gear at the local Suzuki dealership; maybe these gloves are found at local retailers as well? Remember, I'm coming from the Harley group where you sort of float around the store trying on everything with H-D written on it! That's all I know at this point...learning curve is going to be HUGE for me!

:laugh:

Thanks Chris...

Guess I'll check out gloves in a store first...I know I can find Joe Rocket gear at the local Suzuki dealership; maybe these gloves are found at local retailers as well?  Remember, I'm coming from the Harley group where you sort of float around the store trying on everything with H-D written on it!  That's all I know at this point...learning curve is going to be HUGE for me!  

:laugh:
Make sure you put Function ahead of fashion when it comes to your sportbike gear. I know a lot of harley stuff out there that is sold as protective gear just really will not do a whole lot. They look cool, but may not work.

The Violater Gloves are pretty cool like I mentioned I like them. The plastic knuckles actually float on a seperate piece of leather above the back of the glove, that way they retain the flexibility while still being protective.

Unfortunatly the Sport bike world is kinda slow to catch on with the Woman rider. Not a whole lot of gear out there sized and cut properly. But, The folks at new enough may be a decent place to start, if it's not working for you send it right back, until you get what you need.

It may be a Huge learning curve, but it's gotta be kind of like getting winched up the backside of that first hill on a rollercoaster, Clickety Clickety clickety then WHOAAAAA!!!!

Maybe...

It may be a Huge learning curve, but it's gotta be kind of like getting winched up the backside of that first hill on a rollercoaster, Clickety Clickety clickety then WHOAAAAA!!!!
Nobody says it like Rev...  :D
I thought I'd be getting those roller coaster jitters the second I fire up the Busa?!

I do have lots to learn, and yes, H-D gear isn't really sold because it'll save your skin...no company sells their name more than Harley...

Jeez...now I'm downing the Harley clan, and I still own one!  See what you guys have done to me!?

:bounce:

Hell I still get jitters just getting suited up, every time the butterflies start a flying!!! My very own amusment park ride!

Here is a pair that I own.

DSC00807.JPG

Back