Tech Question for Dirty Pete

OB_Jeff Hartz

Registered
You seem to know a lot about the Pair system (as well as a lot of other mechanical stuff). I currently have the Two Brothers 4-2-1 exhaust system installed and I have not performed any other engine modifications. If I am not experiencing any backfire problems, is there any reason to remove the Pair? Will I gain any more power? The bike seems to run well but if there are gains in removing the Pair, I don't mind doing it.

Thanks for your opinion.

Sorry Jeff, I missed this post. I agree with Frank. There's no reason why PAIR system removal should increase power at all.

There were claims last summer of small hp gains (FalconCop's shop told him that putting on the PAIR block-off plates would give him 1 or 2 horse, as I remember) but that's been discounted now.

If you're running a pipe with no backfires, it's not worth the trouble to remove it. But if you ever remove your pipe again, there's no reason NOT to remove the PAIR system. It sure makes the engine's frontal area a lot cleaner when you pull that monstrous octopus out of there. And 2 pounds are 2 pounds. Take it where you find it.

I want to thank you guys for your response to my question. I will probably leave the PAIR alone for now (since no backfires) but I will remove it someday when I am really board. Could anyone provide the phone number of the company that has the "block off plates" I think someone mentioned a company called Cycle works had them.

Thanks again for your responses.

Ride her safe!

Back