The "Man Trip"

Re: Man Trip Day 5

Great pics, Doug! Glad you two are having a great time!

Re: Man trip day 6

You guys have fun, what am I saying? Of course you are!
Posted via Mobile Device

Geez... I'm planning a short jump to san diego from el paso in September.. can't wait. Nice pics, nice ride, wishing I had the resources ofor a trip to Connecticut from here.. yeah!
Posted via pimp in cell

Last edited:

i hate you guys. i don't know how many times i tried to get rides together to go through glacier and up the going to the sun road. wish i could've been there guys.

Alright I've had it; if you keep posting those awesome pictures and writing about those awesome adventures I will have to report you to the owner of this site!!! Don't temp me we are really good friends...:laugh::thumbsup:

It's great you guys are having such an awesome time, thanks for taking the time to share with us! Stay safe you guys!:thumbsup::bowdown:

Well folks we ended up at Winthrop, Washington State at a motel. It's pretty darn nice for a tourist trap :) the price was good too.... Lots of riding today, I think we did about 550 miles. We went across several mountain ranges and the temps went from 100s to 70s at the top. Tomorrow we will be going across the Northern Cascades, we stopped just on the East side of them.

I have some pics that I will edit and get up tonight but first I need to hop in the pool....

cap

550 miles a day...your gonna need a nice Metzler tire before the trip is out. :laugh:

Hey Cap, Willie liked your pics. You had a good shot of the marks on the guardrail, which explained why he still sees 2x of everything. He said he didnt mind them at all.....seriously

We left out of Kalispell about 7am and went from 60ish temps to 100 degrees in Idaho.. The roads were great today, the speed limit is 70 in Montana and 60 in Idaho and we stayed within 5 of the posted limit. Just set the cruise and never let off.. We went through several passes and the temps would go up and down. We ended up stopping at Winthrop and will be headed out for the Northern Cascades tomorrow morning. We know our next destination is the other side of the mountains in Washington. Today was intended as a travel day to get us from one big event to the next. We take two lane hwys so that we get better things to look at and the traffic is usually light...

Here are a few pics from today....

cap

11-0.jpg

11-1.jpg

11-2.jpg

11-3.jpg

11-4.jpg

When I saw this shot I thought of the Jolly Green Giants valley...
11-5.jpg

767790_f520.jpg

11-6.jpg

11-7.jpg

11-8.jpg

11-9.jpg

12-0.jpg

We came around a corner and we stopped to take a picture of the sign in the next picture. This deer jumped up and ran in the field along the road then jumped the fence and came out on the road... We had two close calls with deer today..
12-1.jpg

12-2.jpg

12-3.jpg

11-0.jpg

11-1.jpg

11-2.jpg

11-3.jpg

11-4.jpg

11-5.jpg

11-6.jpg

11-7.jpg

11-8.jpg

11-9.jpg

12-0.jpg

12-1.jpg

12-2.jpg

12-3.jpg

767790_f520.jpg

Last edited:

you were down by the bear tooths last i checked what route did you take up to kalispel?

Went to Red Lodge. Then Columbus, out on I-90 for a short time, picked up 89 north and went to Helena. From there we road north to 83 and on into town.

Im heading out for the day myself, with no special destination in mind, just the odometer clicking away!

Back