Thinking About Selling The BUSA!!

I have been riding hard (not stupid) for 30 years and I am still here. Ride within your ability and the rest is up to fate. If you stop doing things that can hurt you you will have to set in a padded room. As a Police Officer I have seen lots of dead people everything including a slip and fall in your house can kill you. Bottom line if you love riding your Hayabusa then keep doing it because the moment you let the fear of death keep you from doing the things you love you are already DEAD! I had a guy at work who asked me why I don't worry about dieing, I stated that I have already lived more in the 40 years I have been alive than you will if you live to be 80, he had to agree. Good luck and keep riding.

Last edited:
Cut back or eliminate your caffeine intake.. You may find this to be your biggest influence when choosing to push the throttle.

I have not drank soda in months, just water, juice,milk, and some hard liquor every now and again

I have been riding hard (not stupid) for 30 years and I am still here. Ride within your ability and the rest is up to fate. If you stop doing things that can hurt you you will have to set in a padded room. As a Police Officer I have seen lots of dead people everything including a slip and fall in your house can kill you. Bottom line if you love riding your Hayabusa then keep doing it because the moment you let the fear of death keep you from doing the things you love you are already DEAD! I had a guy at work who asked me why I don't worry about dieing, I stated that I have already lived more in the 40 years I have been alive than you will if you live to be 80, he had to agree. Good luck and keep riding.

I dont ride stupid on my busa or out of my limit. I just always want to go fast no matter what i'm in or on

I dont ride stupid on my busa or out of my limit. I just always want to go fast no matter what i'm in or on

That doesn't make you crazy it just makes you a gear head. Sorry no cure known to man however it is not necessarily fatal. There are allot of old gear heads on here including me which proves my aforementioned statement.

If you go slow it makes it that much easier for the reaper to catch ya :laugh:

Dude, your in control of your actions. You can die on a harley just as easily as a busa. That fact will not change.
Of course anyone can die from ANY bike, but the reality is that the Busa
has way more power and is much more aerodynamic, and the temptation
to use it is always going to be there VS a Harley's measly powerplant.

At 24 you're all balls and no brains too......well most of us were....

I have an '05 Busa I bought new with my '05 Dyna wide glide.
I don't speed anywhere NEAR as much on my Harley as the Busa....
I've been 190mph on an open road out west of Chicago on my Busa.
Fastest I've been on my Harley is like 90.......because it feels crazy at that speed.

Fairings play a serious factor in cutting through the air at higher speeds.
I'd say if you KNOW you are endangering yourself, just sell the bike. I've seen so
many young kids in their 20's get killed because of their inability to maintain control.

If you are doing well ....then it shouldn't be a problem to grab another one later
on when you've calmed down a bit and can respect the bike's power more.
That doesn't make you crazy it just makes you a gear head.

You're looking for a term more along the line's of "speed junkie".

Last edited:
You have the same sickness i have, I"m 49 years old. you just need to get a grip! I did when i woke up in the woods with my ribs pushed up in my left lung. $16000 air lift, $20000 med bills, $4800 to the busa, three months out of work. I got a grip the hard way. AND DAM LUCKY TO HERE TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT

+1 for you recognizing the drug.... its simple... keep the bike... and remember the reason not to go fast.. put a pic of the wife on the speedo..... youll get the idea

You're looking for a term more along the line's of "speed junkie". [/QUOTE]

Nope said what I meant I usually do.

I completely know where your coming from. I also know how much it costs to pay for that experience, once was enough for me to take it easy it was an expensive lesson.

I like the idea of a pic of wife by the speedo to keep the speed down on the streets. Do some track days and drag strip to get your speed fix.

Risk management....

Take this test...

http://www.30thmed.army.mil/Sections/Safety/aef385-55bMotorcycle.pdf

Answer to number 1 is ">0.28" for the busa...

This test has been validated by the insurance industry actuary tables... by all means a "subjective" test and certainly not the last word is "risk management" but at least a primer as to what you might be up against. :) I defied all the odds myself... :laugh:

Last edited:
Looks interesting, but wouldn't the insurance industry validate anything that gives them justification to jack up your insurance?

??? Isn't that whole chart about justifying an insurance rate ? I see all the important factors on it.. Did I miss something ???

??? Isn't that whole chart about justifying an insurance rate ? I see all the important factors on it.. Did I miss something ???
correct... from what I read, they used existing data to calculate the risk factors..

What I found most telling was the number of citations issued to a rider..

a +6 factor if you had more than 1?

I think you should just grow up and find anotherr hobby. Keep the bike, park it and come back when you're a little more mature. Oh and being successful in life doesn't mean you're mature. Two different things.
Posted via Mobile Device

+100 ...was thinking this kid sure thinks a lot of himself... ???

If you got the HD route make sure you get the recall done, your recent track record tells me the last thing you need is crashing then bursting into flames....

:whistle::rofl:

Back