Tire Pressures for 2022

LuapSouthFlorida

Registered
42 42?
That's what the sticker on the frame says.
Last time I checked we ran 36 front and 42 rear!
I didn't get a manual, so can someone check and reply with the recommended pressures for solo riding please?
Side note, anyone got a link to download the suzuki owners manual for free?
Thanks
Luap

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 12.00.05 PM.png

42 42?
That's what the sticker on the frame says.
Last time I checked we ran 36 front and 42 rear!
I didn't get a manual, so can someone check and reply with the recommended pressures for solo riding please?
Side note, anyone got a link to download the suzuki owners manual for free?
Thanks
Luap

42/42 seems a bit ridiculous to me and my experience with the Hayabusa and other bikes over the years. Maybe the sticker means 42 psi is the maximum pressure that’s not to be exceeded. I’ve always run 34-36 front and 36-38 rear. When heated up the tires gain a few pounds of pressure so starting cold @ 42psi means that within an hour or so, and for the rest of the day‘s ride you’ll be running 45+psi. My tires wear evenly and last thousands of miles with no cupping or uneven wear. They’re also not hard as a rock @ 45psi while leaned over in the corners either.

42/42 is the abs. max !
when loaded up to the border of max load of the entire bike

at 42/42 psi the self-damping of the tire is very limited, esp. when bike is ridden solo

the useful pressure at legal streets is (my experiences in the last 14 years)
cold , means at/close to 20°C = 68 °F
front 2.3-2.5 bar / 33-36 psi
rear 2.5-2.6 bar/ 36-37.5 psi

and for race round course i lower it to 2.1/2.3 bar front/rear (30.5/33 psi)
also cold measured

Read a Harley Owner's manual. They give both pressures: The bike parked for 3+ hours and operated within the last 3 hours.
I think if the busa came with TPMS, you'd probably adjust your thinking on the O/U inflation pressures?

I added a TPMS to mine. Worth it's weight in gold.
Which one, please? The Bluetooth to your phone app type, or the stand-alone unit? I added a stand-alone to my ZH2, but the one for the busa didn't look 'right', so I returned it. It should be a standard safety item for $18.5K.
On two of my bikes, it was standard and the low warning on my Grand America correctly warned me of an impending front flat.

Should we add tire pressures to the debate list, even though it's in the manual?
Using the Kill Switch, oil and coolant types, proper break in, washing, warming it up, etc.

If you check your tires before you ride, you know what psi they are.
If you warm them up, stop, check them, you know what they warmed up to.
If you pay any attention when you ride, you will learn/should know what variances in tire pressures do, how they will feel in relation, and how it will effect handling.
You will be able to feel if one or both tires is deflating...vs constantly taking your eyes off the road to look at the guage.
Tpms is convinient for some, pointless to many, but a select few seem to have to have it, to each their own.
As for psi, it has already been shown on tires as 42psi as the Max...and the heat of riding increases the psi.
Anyone riding on 42/42 can Not use the bike to it's capabilities, and it is about the same as improper set suspension sag.
If it works for you, great, but it is not correct.
But, I'm just some guy on the internet, so check out what Dave Moss/tire and suspension guru, has to say about it.

Back