Tire Pressures for 2022

Oh, and I have had 2 rear tires blow out on me over the years.
Both, instant flat, nothing dramatic, a pop, the bike sat lower, I felt it handle funny, stopped, yep, flat...and rode it a few miles home as the tire was still there.
Trailered the other one.
No big deal.
Put a new tire on when I got home, bam, problem solved, lol

Which one, please? The Bluetooth to your phone app type, or the stand-alone unit? I added a stand-alone to my ZH2, but the one for the busa didn't look 'right', so I returned it. It should be a standard safety item for $18.5K.
On two of my bikes, it was standard and the low warning on my Grand America correctly warned me of an impending front flat.
I use a standalone system. I had the tiregard previously but it fell off the bike never to be found again, the price went up dramatically this year so I got another system to replace it. It doesn't come with the same mounting hardware as the tireguard but I managed to find a nice placement for it on my mirror stem. I'll take a photo and show ya.

Tire pressures like tire brand, chain brand, brake pad brand, oil and many other things are all debatable on this forum.....
How to sharpen a knife, do audio cable matter, how to lube a chain are three of my favorite endless internet debates.
Funny that women have enough common sense to show zero interest in topics like these.

LOL
cheers
ken

I always air down for mud / sand...
:beerchug:

058-M.jpg

24hr team enduro. Started off well enough, then the rains started. Five guys, three bikes with lights. Dark closed in. I was waiting my turn. The guys coming back in had a disturbing "1,000 yard" stare as they stepped off mud encased bikes. I went out. Lights on the bike and on the helmet. I felt good. +/-18 miles a lap. My training was paying off. I came back in. Nobody was suited up to go out. Further inquiry revealed that my buddies were calling it for the day. "Bag it. I'll do another lap." And off I went...

Soo. Around half way through, the big LED bike lights started flashing like a strobe, then finally failed (later diagnosed as a poor ground). "No problem, I still have the helmet lights." I thought confidently. Yeah. Well, I had forgotten to swap the battery pack for those during my stop. Sooo. They went of a few miles later. And it is serously dark. In the mud. Exhausted as I had started to drop the bike more often in my fatigue.

Down into the a low area, flying blind, I stuck her but good. I waited for another rider. And waited. Shoot. So I walked up a hill where I could see the camper village maybe a mile away. Good enough. Walking in MX gear is very relaxing. I could see the other riders off in the distance here and there.

They sent out the tow rig to bring in the stuck moto, and I did the sensible thing and got some sleep.

24hr team enduro. Started off well enough, then the rains started. Five guys, three bikes with lights. Dark closed in. I was waiting my turn. The guys coming back in had a disturbing "1,000 yard" stare as they stepped off mud encased bikes. I went out. Lights on the bike and on the helmet. I felt good. +/-18 miles a lap. My training was paying off. I came back in. Nobody was suited up to go out. Further inquiry revealed that my buddies were calling it for the day. "Bag it. I'll do another lap." And off I went...

Soo. Around half way through, the big LED bike lights started flashing like a strobe, then finally failed (later diagnosed as a poor ground). "No problem, I still have the helmet lights." I thought confidently. Yeah. Well, I had forgotten to swap the battery pack for those during my stop. Sooo. They went of a few miles later. And it is serously dark. In the mud. Exhausted as I had started to drop the bike more often in my fatigue.

Down into the a low area, flying blind, I stuck her but good. I waited for another rider. And waited. Shoot. So I walked up a hill where I could see the camper village maybe a mile away. Good enough. Walking in MX gear is very relaxing. I could see the other riders off in the distance here and there.

They sent out the tow rig to bring in the stuck moto, and I did the sensible thing and got some sleep.

Core memories

Right, that’s what my attachment says, the one you quoted. With a 520 pound load, ie: Pilot, pillion, bags etc, the tire pressure recommended is 42psi. NOT, for example, for just 200 pound load.
Did you see where the busa owner's manual does not show a difference between solo and 2-up?

If I remember and I'm feeling ballsy, I'll sneak a peek at the TPMS while I'm running triple digits. My 'open 'er up spot' is about 50 miles from me, so the tires will be up to temp.

Hey, let's argue about what we're using to actually check our tire pressure.
When the Dealer was going over my '20 KTM 1290 SAS, he mentioned to NOT go by the TPMS. It is 35/42, BTW.
From a HD Owner's Manual.

View attachment 1658701
Harleys use pneumatic tires?!?!
No shyte....
I thought they were still using iron rimmed wooden wagon wheels.
Guess they are more modern than I thought.

LOL

cheers
ken

Back