TIRE WEAR: The reality

EXCLR8
the problem with race tires is getting them up to temp.I doubt many people ride hard enough on the street to get them to stick the way they would on the track.
And you know what happens to racers who don't have their tires warmed up.

AHH they are here, Pirelli Dragons mounted on a set of new wheels. I will let you know how they work out.

Has anybody read about the NO2 busa in the Brit magazine "Superbike", and we get stuck with these US magazines that are really lame in comparison.

Abuser,
you're right on about the Brit mags
much more interesting
can't wait to here about the Dragons!
I'll be needing new rubber soon!

1,600 Miles, mostly curves, including our secret "closed circuit" hill course, rear is definitely looking thin, I would guess another 300-500 miles will snuff it. Rear is not squaring off, probably 'cause of all the curves, but turning on the power when over on your sidewall just p-e-e-l-s the rubber into lovely ragged little balls, unbelievable!

1,600 Miles, mostly curves, including our secret "closed circuit" hill course, rear is definitely looking thin, I would guess another 300-500 miles will snuff it. Rear is not squaring off, probably 'cause of all the curves, but turning on the power when over on your sidewall just p-e-e-l-s the rubber into lovely ragged little balls, unbelievable!

I've just gone through another set of Bridgestones, in less than 1000 miles. The rear was down to the canvass. I'm now trying Metzeler MEz4's, which were developed for the Super Blackbird. There's no doubt they ain't as grippy,but they are grippy enough for most circumstances and, because of the shallower profile and slightly narrower width, they make the Hayabusa easier to turn.

I got 2700 miles out of my first 56's rear but couldn't get a replacement so i had ot put a pair of dunlop 207's on. These seem very good so far (300 miles).

Back