Tritium (H-3) - Walking around land mines?

This isn't new. I don't know if they're still manufactured, and the half life of Tritium is like 10 years, so eventually the signs have to be replaced. A smart person would replace them now.

I also work with radiation (IRIDIUM192) almost every day for the same company as "MATTSTANG" does, and I for one: Agree/back him 100% with all of his posted info, great job bro...:thumbsup: and agree that this might have the potental to be harmful, but you have nothing to worry about...

and two: you wrote that long-@ss post with your blackberry?!??? ...dude

Ummm Instead of posting as though you're the one doing the "research" it might be good to go ahead and cite sources.

Unless of course you're the one that's also posted this information at: Black Cat Systems

Where your entire post seems to have originated. Using the "quote" feature is a good idea, or simply providing a link. Otherwise the "I" language used throughout gives the impression (intentional or not) that YOU personally have gained this knowledge through your own efforts. If that's the case then fine, I'd probably still be inclined to link to my own research and web page though regardless.

Just a thought. :sasmokin:

You are probably right~!~

I figured it was obvious I googled this and did not mean to imply that I actually knew the first thing about radioactive exit signs...Just thought it was very interesting reading~!~

I also added my own entry on the bottom "supposedly mantles made in India are more likely to contain thorium - That one struck me as funny~!~" and was referring to the above article...

Just so everyone understands...this was copied from a googled source~!~

Hey, at least I cut out some of the less interesting radioactive objects out to save time on reading the others~!~

Next time I'll try to remember to say I GOOGLED THIS~!~

Last edited:
lol I just found it rare to find a thread based on something related to my career, as most people are understandably in the dark about the raw facts of radiation.

I love my job....

lol I just found it rare to find a thread based on something related to my career, as most people are understandably in the dark about the raw facts of radiation.

I love my job....

Its the .ORG man. we talk about everything :laugh:

And like I have said before, this place is a wealth of knowledge. I would bet that most questions that people have in general life could be answered by one of our members

Last edited:

And like I have said before, this place is a wealth of knowledge. I would bet that most questions that people have in general life could be answered by one of our members

+10...... Google cant touch this :beerchug:

I also work with radiation (IRIDIUM192) almost every day for the same company as "MATTSTANG" does, and I for one: Agree/back him 100% with all of his posted info, great job bro...:thumbsup: and agree that this might have the potental to be harmful, but you have nothing to worry about...

and two: you wrote that long-@ss post with your blackberry?!??? ...dude
Yea I'm a modern day retainer mouth.

The mini gang laid out about two weeks ago and I went to tie ins. I can only sleep so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's right, Most of the time I know what's happening in the world before it ever hits the news or the papers around here. :cheerleader:

Yea I'm a modern day retainer mouth.

The mini gang laid out about two weeks ago and I went to tie ins. I can only sleep so much.
Posted via Mobile Device
yourad!ck:laugh: we got the official word today that we got 3 weeks...

PM me about any new jobs, thanks

retainer mouth:poke:

Back