Unchroming the boomerang

Bear in mind there are two pieces of fairing that interconnect at this junction with the boomerang trim, and the vent section. Everything has to interconnect accordingly.:crazy:

Bear in mind there are two pieces of fairing that interconnect at this junction with the boomerang trim, and the vent section. Everything has to interconnect accordingly.:crazy:

No doubt, I did not expect them to all intertwine. I have a feeling I'll be taking my time when I reassemble, I didn't pay much attention when I removed them, lol.

Oh no, just a muffler idea or two. I'm reassembling the body parts to install so we can rough it, get an idea of how she's gonna look, and then run it over to the wrap shop so he can put the clear vinyl on.

Then take it back apart, install the header, order up some parts and finish up the dual muffler.

B08DE268-98CA-4989-883D-67196EB8F151.jpeg

Then I think I'm gonna go ride for a while.

Last edited:
Oh no, just a muffler idea or two. I'm reassembling the body parts to install so we can rough it, get an idea of how she's gonna look, and then run it over to the wrap shop so he can put the clear vinyl on.

Then take it back apart, install the header, order up some parts and finish up the dual muffler.

View attachment 1651986

It'll be interesting to see how well that black powdercoat holds up.

Can we at least see the header...please?
lol

It may not be the most exotic looking 2022 Hayabusa on the road, but she's darn sure gonna have a good look to her. Even with the dual mufflers. I'll get a pair of Akrapovich, or a pair of RS -3C with the carbon fiber spout and make it look appropriate.

I'm all about "represent" when you ride a Hayabusa.

I have to fit the woodcraft stator cover in place make sure the fairing fits the puck, then I'll reassemble the stator gasket /cover, install the fairings. I'm waiting on the attachment cushions and Velcro patches for the tank, tank cover, nose, and tail. Then I'm ready to go. I'll take a pic, pass it around, and you guys can give me the the flame job or the "atta boy". :thumbsup:

FCB23688-92F0-43A8-9C77-43312127507F.jpeg

F525119C-7FC8-485D-BBB3-1F7D118B1FD7.jpeg

49B6EE46-6904-4166-BBD4-D10207C0903F.jpeg

78688C58-3AA1-4A26-9A36-8851B0CB418B.jpeg

This is my plan for the boomerang. Definitely won't look as good as Spudley's but I only want a little more golden flare. Not that great at painting but have had decent luck with Plasti Dip although I know it doesn't hold up well in the sun. Base layer will will be the blaze orange and the top coat will be the gold metalizer. If all else fails I'll peel it off and send it to Chris Moore. That carbon vinyl wrap he uses looks awesome.

20220609_021356.jpg

20220609_021528.jpg

This is my plan for the boomerang. Definitely won't look as good as Spudley's but I only want a little more golden flare. Not that great at painting but have had decent luck with Plasti Dip although I know it doesn't hold up well in the sun. Base layer will will be the blaze orange and the top coat will be the gold metalizer. If all else fails I'll peel it off and send it to Chris Moore. That carbon vinyl wrap he uses looks awesome.

Don't use the Blaze Orange, you will regret it in less than a month. I dipped the old Gen2 in that color and that is how long it took before people started asking me if it was fading. I noticed within a couple of weeks. I went into it knowing it fades, but expected more like 3-6 months. Pearlizer may prolong the fade some, plus boomerangs are on the sides.

Fresh dipped pic on 3/19/17. Faded dip pic was 4/30/17.

I'd personally find someone local to wrap them if you go that route later, probably cheaper and can pick any color and no fake carbon. :) Honestly I think most of us could buy the vinyl and wrap them pretty easily.

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_20170430_174508.jpg

IMG_20170430_174521.jpg

I wonder how long it will take Suzuki to get the hint not everyone is a fan of the "chromerang" and offer it in a subdued scheme?

The 2023 colors show the boomerang is still chromed.

have u check with any local shops that do vinyl work? chris doent wrap anything, he sends it to a local shop. you can order the wrap material yourself if you are a DIY type.

Damn InfiniteReality that first pick is awesome! Literally looks the fairings are so hot you wouldn't be able touch them. Oh well I already have the paint so I'll give it a shot and just plan on wrapping in the future.

And pcs I haven't checked for any local shops but I'm sure there has to be some. Maybe I'll youtube it and try wrapping myself if I feel confident. I've put on window tint b4 but had to try twice and it still wasn't perfect. Maybe similar except for the sharp contours Idk

Damn InfiniteReality that first pick is awesome! Literally looks the fairings are so hot you wouldn't be able touch them. Oh well I already have the paint so I'll give it a shot and just plan on wrapping in the future.

And pcs I haven't checked for any local shops but I'm sure there has to be some. Maybe I'll youtube it and try wrapping myself if I feel confident. I've put on window tint b4 but had to try twice and it still wasn't perfect. Maybe similar except for the sharp contours Idk
I tried putting in window tint myself a couple times when I was younger, ended up throwing it all in the trash and paying to have it done. But I wrapped a couple trim pieces on my car with some carbon wrap and it was pretty easy compared to tint. Just use some heat to make it soft and make sure you buy good wrap so it's flexible and sticks well. I'd say give it a shot!

Back