Video of R1 beat by stock non turbo 911

Nemisis

Registered
I have a video of a stock R1 and a non turbo 911 racing on a curvy race track. Race looks legit. The R1 burns past it on the straight but gives up in the turns. R1 is leaning at 120. I believe the R1 was being driven by a Superbike champion. I can email it if someone wants to see it. I don't know how to link it

i think i know the one you are talking about
upload it in the upload center

click on the link at the bottom of the page and follow instruction

Go to the link, right click on it, go down to properties, left click on it, then then next to Address:(url) Highlight the whole address, right click it, then click copy. Then come to this forum and type another message, and then space then right click in the white area, and click paste. THIS IS HOW YOU LINK.

stored on my computer. Tried to upload but couldn't. Will try later when the computer expert, (wife) is home. I can send it to someone if they want to post it.

doensn't sound far fetched to me, a 911 should "eat" a sportbike on a curvy track, it could carry way more speed through the corners.

ahhhh LINK PLEASE?
rock.gif

no.. this is a BULLSHIT video.

If you know motorcycle track racing then you'll know this is bullshit because the lines the bike took wasn't normal -- a lot of times the porchse was in it's way therefore It couldn't cut through the tracks like how a bike normally would.

The best way to find out which is faster is to do individual lap times. I believe the R1 should have taken it.

Maybe, just remember that race cars are a whole lot faster than MotoGP around any road course. Hell F1 cars are Faster than Rossi on his RC211v by about 30 seconds A LAP!!! NO BS... Just physics. If the porsche is in the R1's way? Then the R1 isn't faster is it? Fug dude, if it was all kinds of faster than the Porsche it couldn't have been in the way now could it? heh...
laugh.gif

I'm saying the R1 could have been faster -- but NOT by much. If it was able to take all the corners w/ the right lines, it could have been faster -- besides, the rider on the R1 wasn't even knee dragging... therefore it questions me if he was really even giving it 100%. If you look at the end -- the R1 even beat the porsche for a second then the porchse beat it through the turn and barely makes the line.

NOthing beats F1 cars..PERIOD. But MotoGP bikes should be able to beat the majority of regular race cars.

Are you by any chance talking about video taken in UK by one of the hosts of some TV show? If yes, I'd say the whole purpose of the video was to disgrace a bike. Seems the rider doesn't give it 100%.

Bah, the other thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that the cager doesn't give a crap about bumps in the road, gritty surfaces, etc.
The R1 Rider isn't riding at race pace no, but then again racers on the road don't race at pace all the time either. It would be suicide. The ring is fairly bumpy and dirty, yeah the Porsche will lead into the corners, basically it doesn't have to slow down as much or as early.

Again Jvue, I disagree, I think most true race cars will hand even Rossi his ass on his best day. With a little research we should be able to find European Touring Car lap times and compare with a MotoGP, they might share some circuits and the Touring cars are full bodied "Stock" cars. But hell I could be wrong...

so where's the vid, ya bunch of fuggers
tounge.gif
rev, get the hookup going

I have watched that vid you can see when the R1 gets a straight it out runs the car, but through the corners the bike is having to work pretty hard. I dont think the bike rider was letting the porsche win its just that the porsche can brake later and take the corners faster because the car does not have to worry about track conditions and can change direction faster. This site did a Car vs Bike thing:
http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/media/fastfeud/index.php

But it Took a heavily tuned Cresent Suzuki to beat the Radical and they say next time they are going to bring the Turbo version
smile.gif

Also on the street going down twisty lanes a bike is never gonna beat a well sorted car like a Porsche 911 Turbo because unless the rider is a A Grade Phsyco he has to take into account all the Pot Holes, dust, oil patches and other crap you find on the real road, where as the 911 can just carry on letting all the computers work every thing out.

Also on bikes you have to be alot braver and better skilled to ride fast safely, i once beat a guy on a gs500e (not exactly a superbike
smile.gif
) when i was on my 125 scoot he overtook me real close just to be an ####### so i caught him on the real twisty bits ahead and kept right up his ass pushing him really hard to teach him a lesson, he kept looking in the mirrors trying to work out how i kept up with him, then when he got to a straight he sped off trying to reclaim some lost pride of being beaten by a 14bhp scoot vs his 60bhp. i was laughing my ass off all the way home. so its not what you got its how you use it lol
smile.gif

enough rambling

smile.gif

smile.gif

Back