Could an R1 beat me?

WOW!! Some of you guys are harsh. I am not controlled by my wife, regardless of how it sounds, we both tell each other what to do or not do and we both know at the end of the day if one of us really wants to do something we will do it even if the other says no.And then other will just deal with it. But from how her post looked I can understand the harsh comments, But to understand how we are you have to know us,which can't be done on the web. If I had seen that post by someone else I probably would have poked fun too, so no hard feelings. But as far as the negative comments on my relationship, I don't really care, I'm not trying to date you guys anyways. I thank you guys who left positive comments and advice. And FYI I'll be at the track within the next couple of weekends, as long as the wife says ok:laugh:I'll post my times

You mean you don't want to date me? I'm heartbroken. :lol:

You mean as long as the wife say's it's ok for you to go? Or for you to post your times? ??? :poke:

jk, get some track experience and let us know how it goes!

A riding buddy of mine is pretty into drag racing and is a little too cocky, he says he would beat me no problem in the 1/4. He has an 03 R1 with an exhaust not sure if it's a slip on or full, and a larger back sprocket. Last week he ran 11.17 at 130mph.According the stats on my K8 Busa I would beat him easily but those were done with a pro rider I have never dragged, but have been riding a few years, also he weighs about 180 and I'm 220. My only mod is a the dual Yoshi r22 slip-ons. My wife won't let me race, not yet anyways. But this guy just gets under my skin always talking about how slow and heavy the Busa is.
He doesn't sound like the kinda guy I'd have as a riding buddy. Those kinda guys I meet, diss, and move on. Dump him :thumbsup:

You mean you don't want to date me? I'm heartbroken. :lol:

Uh-oh!

old computer 795.png

Get that Busa down low and go to Schnitz racing and order a strap for the front. That will help keep your front end down. As for the whole danger thing..................I really dont ride that much on the street like I use to. The track is much safer than the roads around here! If I drive more than thirty minutes, I will usually spot something that is potentially dangerous (car not checking mirrors and changing lanes, people pulling out right in front of you, etc...)! The track is much safer to me. I go out and ride in the country on the back roads when I really want to go out and take a ride. Not that many cagers.

The front is lowered 1" with the soupy risers or whatever they are called. How low do i want the front?

Put a strap on the front. The problem isn't so much the height as it is the decompression of the springs on the launch. The strap will hold the wheel, and allow it to act as a weight of sorts.

Back