Anyone race an R1?

I Killed every bike I ever came across with this 1 and I mean every bike
firedevil.gif

My_R17__2.jpg

Nice!

Full Ohlins, full Akro.....and the GOOD year.

Funny though how we all end up with a BUSA in the end.... he, he.

What's the power diff. in the R1 and the raven?  Anything, or is it just looks?
none, raven just means its black
Late 2000 model 185 bhp light as a feather 200+Mph list of mods would take forever every mod was for speed and stability No Bling built for the Isle of Mann TT races..2001 doubt if ill ever be able to afford 1 as good as she still is.... would suck my K8 in and spit her out the exhaust...
hijack.gif

sure you could get a liter bike... and be cramped up like a little toothpick man.... I like the elbow room of a busa and have raced it a grand total of 0 times since owning it.... 15K miles.....

Remember liter bikes are just about tuned and designed to get the max performance available out of the engine that is possible and they weigh about the same as a 600cc. A Busa can gain 20 hp and loose 20 lbs by just changing to a quality full aftermarket exhaust. The Busa has a lot of room for easy improvement on engine performance. A stock 1st gen Busa vs liter bike roll on race is favored for the liters.

I had a 2004 yamaha r1 and ran 9.70's in the 1/4 bone stock O it had sprockets. I have never lost to a busa from a roll 70 in first gear I can give them the hit and still pull around them stock to stock a r1 would kill a busa well the 1 gens I know that for sure! It takes a little work to make the busa worth any thing but I have a 2005 busa now I have done alot to it and shoting for 8.80s this year I love the bike busa's are so nice! O thanks 2 all ya that support the soldiers over here been here 13 months 48 days to go thanks for all the support! :firing: LOL

Well I have put to that to the test stock to stock and the busa did not hold up so well! I weigh around 135 pounds and the guy on the stock busa weigh around 150! We are equal riders I would say so stock to stock going from a 70 roll the r1 will eat the busa alive! From around 40 in the busa prime power band the busa will probly pull the r1 around half a bike but the r1 will still pull around by the end of the race!

LOL im not trying to start a fight thats just what I have seen for my self! I have raced alot of rolls on the r1 every one I have raced said it was made on a wensday so mabey it is diff for another r1 mabey they are slower but mine pulled busa's and I have raced more than 1 from a roll!

I had a 2004 yamaha r1 and ran 9.70's in the 1/4 bone stock O it had sprockets. I have never lost to a busa from a roll 70 in first gear I can give them the hit and still pull around them stock to stock a r1 would kill a busa well the 1 gens I know that for sure! It takes a little work to make the busa worth any thing but I have a 2005 busa now I have done alot to it and shoting for 8.80s this year I love the bike busa's are so nice! O thanks 2 all ya that support the soldiers over here been here 13 months 48 days to go thanks for all the support!
guns.gif
LOL
Thanks for serving
kickass.gif

umm...sorry to burst all these guys' bubbles...but a "race from ___mph" AINT NO RACE, JUNIOR- thats a coupla guys playing with their toys-doesnt really PROVE anything.

Last time I turned on the TV, the only "races" i saw involved tracks with lights and Start n Finish lines...
cool.gif

In a straight-up drag race, NO R-1 WILL BEAT A COMPARABLY-PREPPED BUSA W/EQUAL-WT. RIDERS, cant be done-Yamaha wont keep the nose down well enuf.
In a flat-out top speed race LSR-Style, NO R-1 WILL BEAT A " ", cant be done- R-1 isnt geared to outrun a Busa.

other than that: bench-race all ya want, squiddies
firedevil.gif
Busas STILL run tha show
bowdown.gif

Eh, I don't care whats faster, bottom line, it's still a 'Busa
biggrin.gif
it's like worrying about a festiva that is faster than your Ferrari, It's still a Ferrari
bowdown.gif

umm...sorry to burst all these guys'  bubbles...but a "race from ___mph" AINT NO RACE, JUNIOR- thats a coupla guys playing with their toys-doesnt really PROVE anything.
Except that a liter bike is faster than a Gen I busa from a roll on.
winkold.gif
Some may be quicker but not faster, I have numerous buddies with liters and I always run them down when they blow by me. I'm sure there are the exceptions but my friends don't have them.

Back