Anyone race an R1?

I was just not referring to your post as others but besides the point everyone is going to think what they want to think! Its was a great topic kept me looking at the forums for a few days somthing to do!
Sarcasm (N)
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

I agree it was a good thread. Thanks again for serving - Desert Storm vet myself.

funny the number of Liter bikes that are drag raced vs Hayabusa's (and which are normally quicker and faster)

Secondly, most of the drag racing is handicapped and it relies more on consistency and rider skill

So back to my circular reference... if a liter bike is faster than a Hayabusa and the Hayabusa is faster than a liter bike, how fast is a pair of 500's?

Mine has carbs 2000 model no nitro or turbo standard sprockets and still killed everything right up to 2007 injected bikes whatever the size or make its all down to how far you go when tou strip the engine and tune it.... most arguements that stand up to scrutiny are of bikes built for straight line ( basicaly drag bikes ) keep the crap off them ie turbo nitro and big bore  and then put em along side of each other then you can compare properly...............

By the way this baby is still the fastest  
argue.gif
poke.gif
jump9.gif
eatme.gif
firedevil.gif

my_R17.jpg

Just thought id refresh this thread as its Friday and love some of the comments made need more
cool.gif
deadhorse.gif
poke.gif
zzwhip.gif
pissed.gif

keeps everyone on their toes... Boys and Toys What a Drama

I ride with a couple guys who ride both the R1 and CBR1000RR. We are all pretty even up o 160ish but after that the busa walks away. We are all power commander and piped. This year I went with 43 tooth rear sprocket so I can't wait to see the difference.
I think it has alot ot do on how well a rider can take off quick. I know I need alot of work from a dig. Can be hard to recover from a bad start.

Top end I have to agree that the busa has more for sure! I have raced a few on my r1 the r1 would be maxed out and there goes the busa but my bike had sprockets but still they pull up top like no ones biz! They are strong up top and have a nice and easy power band got to like that!

Back