Went sledding tonight

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
The ice was just right for sledding when I got home.. The kids had been out all day getting it just right. They went to my sisters house which is uphill, then farther up the hill to the next house and started from way up the street. They were sliding across all the back yards on our street. Was about 300 yards total from the top of the hill to the bottom. They would go down a big hill between houses then slow when going 30 yards across the back yards then hit another big hill between houses then across the next yard.. They never had to get off the sled! It was fun to watch the kids just have a blast on the ice... It may look like snow but it is solid slick ice...

Jan-26th-09-Ice-sledding 039.jpg

Jan-26th-09-Ice-sledding 020.jpg

Jan-26th-09-Ice-sledding 012.jpg

Jan-26th-09-Ice-sledding 011.jpg

Jan-26th-09-Ice-sledding 039.jpg

Jan-26th-09-Ice-sledding 020.jpg

Jan-26th-09-Ice-sledding 012.jpg

Jan-26th-09-Ice-sledding 011.jpg

Oh where is the pic of you going down the hill with the oh .... face! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My daughter and her friends were doing the same thing today. Good Times:thumbsup:

Tonya and I were just talking about this. We got 12 in. and was thinking about finding a hill somewhere. Neither one of us has been sledding in the last 15yrs.

Does Oklahoma get snow very often?

Back