Went sledding tonight

Tonya and I were just talking about this. We got 12 in. and was thinking about finding a hill somewhere. Neither one of us has been sledding in the last 15yrs.

Does Oklahoma get snow very often?

We never get snow... we get sleet and Ice... this is exactly what happened this week. we got about 1/2 inch of ice and then 2 or 3 inches of sleet. The sleet warms up in the day and melts a little and refreezes solid at night... What we were sledding on was hard as a rock.

We never get snow... we get sleet and Ice... this is exactly what happened this week. we got about 1/2 inch of ice and then 2 or 3 inches of sleet. The sleet warms up in the day and melts a little and refreezes solid at night... What we were sledding on was hard as a rock.
Dang. I bet that made for some FAST sledding:laugh:

Looks like fun !! I hooked up Rocky, my harlequin great dane puppy, to a snow racer which is kinda like a big frisbee. Then gave my neighbor kids rides with Rocky pulling them around in the snow and ice. Everyone had a ball including Rocky ! The neighbor took a few pics. I will get one and post it later.

what a sweet deal, back in 1978 when i was just 8 years old we had a blizzard I lived on a hill and we had 17 snow days from school, my father bought me a rudder sled, you know the ones with the steel rails and the wood steering mechanism you put your hands on and go head first on.....anyway after several days of street luching(spelled that wrong)my father convinced me to stay on the sidewalk so I wouldn't get hit by any cars....so the next morning there I'm going down the sidewalk, all iced up the snow is piled up 6 feet on either side from shoveling...and what do you know my next door neighbors come home from church and pull into their driveway(see where I'm going with this) and before I can say OH SH__ wham right into the front fender of there car --head first...knocked me right out...26 stitches later I was ok...Oddly enough another 16 years after that I started to get Migraines and now have had those for 14 years now and they get worse with age....sorta wish I could go back in time and have that inner tube now or a taboggin...LOL

Last edited:
Here are pics from yesterday playing in the snow with my neighbors kids. Hooked up Rocky, my great dane pup, to a snow racer and gave the kids rides. We had big fun ! The four kids are an interesting group. The oldest boy adopted from Taiwan, the two black children adopted from Haiti and the small white boy they had on their own after adopting the other three.
rogers4.jpg

rogers5.jpg

rogers6.jpg

Back