What is the fastest you’ve been?

Dave135.png

Last edited:
I have youtube video and LTA certified Run log

It's funny how deceptive wide open spaces, and alot of video cameras show your speed.
I've been 180's more times than I can remember, and to me that is incredibly fast...I can't imagine 220's(but would like to find out, lol)
No doubt you're going that fast, and that you knew it, lol, but the video looks like 100mph, if that.
Kind of like 70mph on the highway, vs 70mph on a narrow tree lined road, the perception of speed is very different when objects are closer, and make it easier to guage speed.
So what's the new goal?
225? 230? More??

It's funny how deceptive wide open spaces, and alot of video cameras show your speed.
I've been 180's more times than I can remember, and to me that is incredibly fast...I can't imagine 220's(but would like to find out, lol)
No doubt you're going that fast, and that you knew it, lol, but the video looks like 100mph, if that.
Kind of like 70mph on the highway, vs 70mph on a narrow tree lined road, the perception of speed is very different when objects are closer, and make it easier to guage speed.
So what's the new goal?
225? 230? More??
Kind of like this guy going down the hiway somewhere in Europe....

Car Crash GIF

add a few turns ~ it is FAST *

So what's the new goal?
225? 230? More??
my goal is 250 Naked
that was body work on
250 naked seems safer than everyone using super aero wind sensitive bodywork to go 270+

my goal is 250 Naked
that was body work on
250 naked seems safer than everyone using super aero wind sensitive bodywork to go 270+

Wow
I flashed my B-king to an unrestricted Busa bin file, and I will guess that I was at or near low 180's topped out...and that was a tremendous amount of wind.
I cannot imagine what 250mph on a Busa feels like, especially with no fairings.
That will be an incredible experience!
Geez, Micheal wants to go 300, and you want to go 250 with no fairings...You guys are a different breed!

Wow
I flashed my B-king to an unrestricted Busa bin file, and I will guess that I was at or near low 180's topped out...and that was a tremendous amount of wind.
I cannot imagine what 250mph on a Busa feels like, especially with no fairings.
That will be an incredible experience!
Geez, Micheal wants to go 300, and you want to go 250 with no fairings...You guys are a different breed!
How fast did "Ghost Rider" go for top speed...? I know he did crazy wheelies at high speed but I don't how what he topped out at.....

I guess if a person was laying on the tank with their nose against the triple tree they would get out of most of the wind blast.

How fast did "Ghost Rider" go for top speed...? I know he did crazy wheelies at high speed but I don't how what he topped out at.....

I guess if a person was laying on the tank with their nose against the triple tree they would get out of most of the wind blast.

I'm not sure how fast that he ever went, but his wheelies were at least into the 180's, and he was somewhere over to 300whp to do that.
On my piped and flashed Gen2, I did a best of 150-153mph seated wheelie(with a Speedohealer, and I could easily see the guages), with the tire around a foot and a half high(it could've been a little higher, as I always think they're lower than what they are for whatever reason).
Busa aerodynamics made it super smooth, but it was obvious that there was no more power to go much faster, or I had just ran out of skill at that point, lol.
I see the need for big power for those 200mph wheelies, not only to overcome the wind, but to keep you stable enough by continuously pushing you forward...and Ghost Rider and most of those guys are on unfaired bikes!
Younger me would pay for the chance to ride one of those down the runway...today...I don't want the chance, as I would regret it if I said no, but with no risk of that happening, I'll let my personal records stand, lol
The side fairings and nose do an amazing job on aerodynamics too, because the Busa, and any 1k in the last 20 years will ride smooth 11 o'clock standups between 110-120mph, the verticle bike cuts through the wind with ease, the B-King...not so much, lol
I've seriously considered making my '03 Gsxr1k a streetfighter too, and since it already has dirtbike bars on it.
But, I like being out of the wind, and the fairings do more than alot of people seem to realize, so the new set will go on.

Back