What is the fastest you’ve been?

Nothing exciting compared to the rest of ya!
Maxed out the speedo on my first car (96 Prelude) so 140MPH. About the same on the busa...I plan to do a "Texas Mile" or similar event where you can top out on a pothole free roadway. Probably start keeping an eye out for one when my dad has his 91 K1 back together so we can both go.

Great thing to do with your Dad!
What's a '91 K1?

@sixpack577 German "Tron" bike :D They did 3 factory color schemes and he has the one below..."ketchup and mustard"
Old school autobahn touring bike
2_3741.jpg

@sixpack577 German "Tron" bike :D They did 3 factory color schemes and he has the one below..."ketchup and mustard"
Old school autobahn touring bike
View attachment 1685338
A guy I used to work with years and years ago brought one of those and a Porsche 911 Targa back from Germany when he was posted there...

Within a month he wrecked both of them drunk driving

His was black and gold and a real head turner....

Wow, that's cool, I've never seen one of those before.
Thanks for posting that.
How fast does he think he can go in a standing mile on it?
No clue-he says it won't any drag races, but over 100mph still feels like riding on glass. I'd just like to see him stretch it's legs since it's been under a tarp for years! Hoping to have it back together before the end of the year...took it apart for maintenance/paint and life put it on the backburner.

No clue-he says it won't any drag races, but over 100mph still feels like riding on glass. I'd just like to see him stretch it's legs since it's been under a tarp for years! Hoping to have it back together before the end of the year...took it apart for maintenance/paint and life put it on the backburner.

I hope you both get it sorted out soon, post some pictures when you do.
And I understand, I have 2 great running bikes...both in pieces...and life keeps slowing down my progress too, lol

BMW was way ahead of their time and in many ways still is.

I know my brother loves his RTs but lusts after a K1300....

BMW was way ahead of their time and in many ways still is.

I know my brother loves his RTs but lusts after a K1300....

I've sat on a K1300S
I expected it to be basically Busa ergos...but it's not even close...it was super comfortable.
No cramped kness, no wrist pain.
At 5'10" it fit me perfectly.
The owner is 6'2" and says it fits him better than anything he's ridden too, which is alot of different bikes.
He's had 2(and currently has 2 other bikes), and he said if he ever buys anything else, it'll be another late model K1300S.
I'm not a BMW guy, but I can say that it's probably the most comfortable sport or sport touring bike that I ever sat on.
He told me to ride it, but I wasn't able to in the moment, and I'm glad that I didn't...as I might be on a BMW forum right now, lmao

I've sat on a K1300S
I expected it to be basically Busa ergos...but it's not even close...it was super comfortable.
No cramped kness, no wrist pain.
At 5'10" it fit me perfectly.
The owner is 6'2" and says it fits him better than anything he's ridden too, which is alot of different bikes.
He's had 2(and currently has 2 other bikes), and he said if he ever buys anything else, it'll be another late model K1300S.
I'm not a BMW guy, but I can say that it's probably the most comfortable sport or sport touring bike that I ever sat on.
He told me to ride it, but I wasn't able to in the moment, and I'm glad that I didn't...as I might be on a BMW forum right now, lmao
The only thing my brother mentioned was the K bikes were more problematic than the other ones as they seemed to have engine and electrical issues as they age.

His newer R bike had it's fair share of electrical issues that would have caused huge headaches for other owners because my brother was able to fix it all himself....he's very handy with tools....

The only thing my brother mentioned was the K bikes were more problematic than the other ones as they seemed to have engine and electrical issues as they age.

His newer R bike had it's fair share of electrical issues that would have caused huge headaches for other owners because my brother was able to fix it all himself....he's very handy with tools....

Geez...sounds like a BMW car

Years ago my friend rebuilt a Triumph TR3 and a 2002 BMW, both body off restos. They cornered like slot cars, especially the 2002. Juiced motor with twin throat Webers. Man that thing hauled azz! I sure prefer the look of one of these. Guess which one.

IMG_0855.png

I like the look of the old 1600s and 2002s. Did I mention how well they corner?
IMG_0856.png

Years ago my friend rebuilt a Triumph TR3 and a 2002 BMW, both body off restos. They cornered like slot cars, especially the 2002. Juiced motor with twin throat Webers. Man that thing hauled azz! I sure prefer the look of one of these. Guess which one.

View attachment 1685361

I like the look of the old 1600s and 2002s. Did I mention how well they corner?

View attachment 1685362
Like many things, technology has messed up their longevity, the more gadgets and goodies in them, the more things that can and will go wrong.

And for some reason as the newer BMWs age, many things go wrong...

Take my brother's RT for example, it is extremely smooth, handles like a sport bike, will cruise all day at 80mph with great fuel economy.

He has had to do major work on it-thankfully he has serious skills and can fix it himself or it would have been very expensive to repair.

Back