What is the fastest you’ve been?

Black Mamba Motorcycle GIF by Moore Mafia

Mine must be pretty close to the 99/00s. It dynoed twice @ 159 something and 160 something. This was on a BMW race shop dyno in San Jose. I also had my (then) two CBXs dynoed. Their numbers were right in line with several published reports so I have no doubt the numbers were correct. All three bikes were run one after the other. With time to practice launches I have no doubt I could get it to run the quarter in the 10s and I weigh in around 240. It really does haul azz! :laugh: Top speed? The couple times I’ve looked the needle was backing away from the 175-180 area. I’ve only hit the limiter in the first four gears. One time, a scary moment, a side wind blew a rolling tumbleweed into my front wheel somewhere near 1875. A needle got stuck under a fork seal or wiper and I had to get new fork seals. The wind blew me clear over into the next lane. Did I say scary?
Halloween Omg GIF by Mickey Mouse

Last edited:
Yep, the wind can do amazing things.
I had a '94 zx7 with alot of mods, and it should've been capable of a realistic 150-155mph.
Whatever it would do, I had it topped out, and was running from a big and fast moving thunderstorm.
When I came out from under an overpass, I felt the front end and immediately the whole bike get light.
Within a split second I went from the right side of the right lane, to the center of the left lane.
It was so quick that it took me a moment to realize just what had happened.
It was a really cool experience.

Mine must be pretty close to the 99/00s. It dynoed twice @ 159 something and 160 something. This was on a BMW race shop dyno in San Jose. I also had my (then) two CBXs dynoed. Their numbers were right in line with several published reports so I have no doubt the numbers were correct. All three bikes were run one after the other. With time to practice launches I have no doubt I could get it to run the quarter in the 10s and I weigh in around 240. It really does haul azz! :laugh: Top speed? The couple times I’ve looked the needle was backing away from the 175-180 area. I’ve only hit the limiter in the first four gears. One time, a scary moment, a side wind blew a rolling tumbleweed into my front wheel somewhere near 1875. A needle got stuck under a fork seal or wiper and I had to get new fork seals. The wind blew me clear over into the next lane. Did I say scary?

View attachment 1685409

It might sound crazy but I honestly don't know the fastest I have gone on a motorcycle....I know I went over 150mph down a long back straight on a race track but that was the only time my speed was tracked....we generally went by lap times not top speed but this was a rare occasion.

I know I've gone faster on other bikes but their speedometers are suspect of course...

Last year I maxxed out the speedo on the Bumblebee in a rare instance and it took a little while for the needle to come back past 300kms/hr but how accurate are they?

I rode one turbo Hayabusa in my life but the owner was following me so I was unwilling to do anything crazy but I was surprised just how docile it was for a bike that had a ton of power.
Had 180 + on my 07 gsxr1000

Back