What NOT to do

Jza

Registered
I get a new 2008 model on saturday (just two days to go).

Can anyone tell me what NOT to do when riding the bike... im thinking like "open throttle with cold tyres" type things that you've learned over the years that you can pass on to a newb like me?

I've been riding for 9 years but only VFR's so its a big hike in power for me...

Cheers,

Jza

Take it easy anyway; you've got to break the new bike in
biggrin.gif

Just go at your own pace...best advice I can think of is DO NOT let the testosterone take over and make you show off with the new toy...

Oh, and change your underwear in case you do crack the throttle
rofl.gif

Watch the kickstand when parking.
Ride like everyone wants to kill you.
Wear a full face helmet so your grin won't invoke fear from others.
Like any new relationship, get to know each other. The exploration is half the fun. Then whack it open and hold on!
thumb_up.gif

Congrats and welcome aboard.
beerchug.gif

I came from a VFR too. Basically..... there's not much comparison.

like the others said. Just take it easy.

The first time I got on it pretty hard the old butt hole cluched up and wholy f....

well ... ya know.

Repect the throttle!!!!! Slowly, ever so slowly, explore the limits of you and it. Remember, the first time you think you can "handle it", It will bite you in the arse!!!!

Ride safe and
beerchug.gif

LOL

I'll get spare boxers ready.... seemed to be plenty of space for them under the rear seat ;)

you already know the one of the key factors.... new tires are not fun.

easy throttle control for the busa until you get used to things....

at high rates of speed you approach things alot faster than your eyes tell you....

water.... terrible stuff... rain, a/c condensate or any other source...

Just watch the power and you'll be alright. Also Busa is very heavy at low speeds, beware in parking lots, driveway, etc..
You've rode for 9 years and are still here so just use the common sense you always have and I hope you love your bike as much as I do mine.
ThumbsUp.gif

Respect the throttle...enjoy the ride.

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome (again) to the group.

Scar

Scar__06_Busa_Limited__6_24_07_.jpg

Pretend you are riding on ice for a couple of weeks and get use to the throttle. If your going to smack the throttle do it out on a open desolate highway and at 80mph...

"with great power there must also come great responsibility"

ben parker

The 2 biggest things I can think of that I've noticed. . . When you think you're ready for the kick in the arse that snappin the throttle back will give you. . . You're probably not. The first time I did a 6-2 downshift on the highway it litteraly took my breath away. The pressure on my body from the acceleration was ENORMOUS. And I wasn't sittin up. I was tucked behind the screen. So once you get used to the bike and you're ready to see what she'll really do, keep that in mind. It has enough power to litterally rip the bars out of your hands if you're not holding on like your life depends on it. . . Which it actually does. And the other thing, as Bluehaya said, it doesn't stop as fast as it accelerates. The stock brakes have a good bit of fade at high speeds. I don't know how aftermarket stuff works but I'm sure there are some ppl on here that can help out with that. Oh, and congrats on the new bike!
beerchug.gif

Back