what power should i expect with modded 1409 cc

There may be 1 or 2 more bhp to be had with more time. But will put some more miles on the engine and retry with stock stacks
Just a question, are you planning on track use or road use?
I ask because I know that the UK roads are so heavily policed and speeding is so frowned upon with huge penalties how could you even experience the benefits of all the time, work and money you’ve put into this bike?
So where can you test it?
On the drag strip?
I’ve enjoyed reading this thread, a lot of info to absorb… thanks!
If you had the big balls you could do 180 mph here , 7 miles away. :)

F09FD614-A297-4F26-9542-00A5237FA4ED.jpeg

Just a question, are you planning on track use or road use?
I ask because I know that the UK roads are so heavily policed and speeding is so frowned upon with huge penalties how could you even experience the benefits of all the time, work and money you’ve put into this bike?
So where can you test it?
On the drag strip?
I’ve enjoyed reading this thread, a lot of info to absorb… thanks!
It’s not the police you need to be aware about

But the wanna be heroes that put in their Dash cam footage of antics on your bike.
Police forces are split into ‘counties’ and have online links for the public to upload dash cam footage.
So no crossing continuous lines ( which I never do). Speeding is more problematic as the dash cam records the drivers speed so if they are speeding it don’t matter. As they have just broke the law too.
I have done too speed trying to break double ton, dos 192 in the mile on 1340 Gen2 (2013) , so with correct gearing 200 mph should be feasible.

Maybe one of the future

I had a hunch !

I fitted my home made longer stacks to boost the low end of last 1406 build, which helped

I thought I would take them back out and fit the soft plastic OE inlets, so got up early hit the streets at 7:00am as streets are empty. Feeling that with higher compression CP pistons they may not be required now ??

I was not wrong no loss of bottom end and stronger above 7,000 rpm
faster everywhere

will take her back to dyno in august see if map needs tweaking and open up the secondary butter flies sooner
so 211 rwhp if feels like another couple of horses added :D

we shall see....

100mph to 140mph in 4th with datalogger

2022 1406 low comp head 4.29 s

2023 1406 high comp head 4.01 s

2024. 1441 ZZR 3.87 s (206 rwhp and 122 lbft)

2024 1441 busa 3.60 s

0EE16F2A-F99F-4045-86A5-F2D7F5C00DE8.jpeg

Last edited:
Planning to get the last ecu tuning done

But my resident mechanic said bring your 8 injectors in for checking as 109,000 miles now
Ran them up on his tester with sonic cleaning batch

6 were perfect spray pattern , 2 were slightly less mist but more noticeable streams
These were cleaned for an hour in ultrasonic bath

All good now , not sure if this will make any more discernible power , 1 was on lower bank the other on the secondary side

We shall see later
If Stock OEM stacks plus 100% functional injectors make any more than 211 hp

Note: easier to remove than what was said in Suzuki workshop manual took 45 mins to remove the 4 screws :)

177B26D3-4FDE-4E3C-BB7C-7B6AC1DA1EF8.jpeg

150D07F1-B1A6-439D-B60D-EAC8DA98D14A.jpeg

Last edited:
8 injectors cleaned in the ultrasonic bath for 1 hour per set of 4 .. there was some fine black dust in the bath

injectors all back in the engine. i replaced all the Viton O rings and seals with new. Who wants an engine fire.

Added New Spark plugs (7,000 miles the old ones) will see if any of these small incremental changes make any difference on the road with datalogger and again on the dyno over the next 4 weeks. Shop is crazy busy right now,

the problem is it's raining right now :(. . tomorrow is sunny :D

Finally took out the bike and test with data logger , fitted a new stock 190/50 rear
Wow .. gearing similar to my 206hp ZX14R

The yellow highlights in Right hand column are todays , it was a nice cool 12C or 54 F

same road and same wind

More bottom end , more mid and more top end than ZED

Bike is still requiring final mapping as just past 2000 miles

C2FB6E34-6C9B-474D-8449-49D66447EA6A.jpeg

Attachments

• NEW ACCELERATION.pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back