got this from a friend..

A German bike mag PS quote from an Kawa-Official:

Model Name: ZX-12R Ninja
1198ccm
182 hp at the crank at 10.500 rpm
max. torque 135 Nm at 7.500 rpm
FI and Catalysator
Weight: 225kg (wet)

sounds ok, wonder if it'll really deliver though...

speed

Well there is a bigger animal in the barn called the "Boss Hog". American built Chevrolet 350ci V8 and it ain't no weenie little 215kg. Depending on the state of tune 350hp is available, yet unlike the ZX12 Cow you can buy one today because it does exist.
Cowpoke you could buy one of these and not have to run at the mouth about tenative ZX12 specifications(opps I mean Slowpoke).

Sounds good to me also. I'm not a brand loyal bike buyer. I buy what rocks! I hope it does deliver the goods. Frank Adams has stated that the Abuser is not a "tuned to the hilt" bike. This gives Suzuki some playing room. We all know Suzuki does not want the Abuser to be a 1 hit wonder, so this could play out to be very interesting. God, these are great times to be a sport bike enthusiast.
Nailz

Boy if these are the real specs for the zx-12 I think that the suzuki boys are going to be pretty happy. I doubt that these specs would top a busa. Just my .02

http://www.motorcycleworld.co.uk/preview/news/news_archive/040899_210mph_news.htmKAWASAKI'S NEW ZX-12R has a top speed of 210mph, according to a leaked test report from the Japanese factory.

That was the best figure logged with a strong tailwind during speed runs last week. But with a claimed 180bhp on tap we believe this figure is optimistic, considering the 175bhp Hayabusa has trouble beating 195mph. The best speed we've squeezed out of the 1300cc £7899 machine is 194.8mph at Italy's Nardo test track.

The ZX-12R will be unveiled at September's Milan Show and cost around £8000.

Back