anyone here ride a Rocket III?

CWCobra

Registered
I am thinking of maybe getting an R3 as a tourer to go with my 'Busa, and am wondering how the power compares. Anyone here ride one along with their 'Busa? How fast is the r3 really? Is it all hype, or is it really as fast as they say? From a dig, could the R3 hold its own with a Gen 1 Hayabusa?

CW

Its not a slow bike at all. The thing has a torque of a Honda Civic. I'd say coming out the hole it would be neck-n-neck with any liter bike on the eight mile.

They used to say it was the fastest production bike up to 60MPH. I don't know if it was true, but that is a huge engine. Be sure and read up on the related forums for possible quality issues before you make a final decision.

I had a R3. It has a lot of power. It doesn't turn or stop, so, if that is important to you, I would advise against a purchase. Also, the Quality control and fit and finish is 3rd rate. But it does have power.
Oh, yea, I forgot, any speed above 90 is scary, the bike feels like a rolling junkyard.

Last edited:
The touring version has much less power. A friend has one and acceleration is mushy.

You can PM me for more info. There is more to tell.

I had a R3. It has a lot of power. It doesn't turn or stop, so, if that is important to you, I would advise against a purchase. Also, the Quality control and fit and finish is 3rd rate. But it does have power.
Oh, yea, I forgot, any speed above 90 is scary, the bike feels like a rolling junkyard.

Pretty good assesment...I demo'd the standard rocket and while I thought it
had decent power, it was fun till I...went around a corner. Thing is a pig,
and doesn't really handle it's weight well.

Ok...maybe I need my morning Coffee fix, but can someone post a pic of this "R3"? I have no idea what you're talking about.

TIA

rocketIII.jpg

Its not a slow bike at all. The thing has a torque of a Honda Civic. I'd say coming out the hole it would be neck-n-neck with any liter bike on the eight mile.

Average Honda Civic has 128 lbs of torque.

The new 2010 Rocket III has 163 lbs of torque.

Thanks Tru...

I saw this 2010 bruiser of a Triumph at the Bangkok show last week.
Not sure what model it is, but it was a beast! Same bike?

4327728784_9e95e491cb.jpg

Last edited:
I rode with a R3 right after I bought my 1800f.Cross paths with a couple guys 45 miles south of home.I ran in the back on the way home and notice the R3 had to start turn in a lot sooner and use more lean angle than I needed to run the same speed.He was using all of that 240 tire.But this guy is so big he almost makes the R3 look little.

They even customize them and make em into streetfighters as well! How well would the blue one corner? I bet a Kenworth would corner better.

Fighterama06014[1].jpg

P1000331.JPG

They also make superchargers for them if it doesn't have enough power for you :beerchug: There is a write-up about the new RIII Roadster in the March issue of the Motorcyclist mag. That is what I would get if I was going to have two bikes.
Posted via Mobile Device

I had one for 3 years , you need to sort out the suspension because standard they are pogo sticks . Once that is done they will handle pretty good for the size , found the brakes to be good .
Easy to get 150 hp at the rear wheel , with filters , exhaust and tuneboy . Would run to 147 on gps , though I only had a fly screen so neck would only stick it for a very short time . Tank would empty in around 120 miles , rear tyre would be pretty much gone at 2500 miles .

DSC00930.jpg

Do you realize you would have to get a crane to lift this sucker if it fell over? I think I read it is over 700 lbs and over 1000 cc's more than the Busa's 1340 cc...it is a behemoth...You would have to be out of your mind...or not care a rat's tail about performance to buy a bike like this. A manufacturer has taken a formula to the outer limits on this one and I can't imagine that it would sell very many. Busa would send it home with tail wrapped between it's legs...2hip

I don't know, I just can't stop loving its excess! To me, it's like the anti Harly. I am all about performance and the Rocket 3, I believe, would be so much fun with over 160 lbs of torque.
I too love that 2010 black Roadster! Just a whole different way to enjoy motorcycling than a Busa. Doyle

Back