HELP HELP HELP Verizon

1127 TO 1299

Registered
Hi all, I need help. I need to know if someone here works for Verizon. If you do read the following.

My wife and I have Verizon Wireless plans since 2001. We both are (were) on Americas Choice 400 (AC400) which included long distance to Canada as part of my 400 minutes. So calling Canada after 9pm and during weekend was free. Since I was eligible for new every two every 2 yrs you get $100 rebate on a new phone. Last April, I went and got myself a new one. While I was there, I was offered 50 more minutes for the same price same plan.(now called AC2450) That is what I was told. Anyway, I kept using the phone the same way I did. Was using more minutes since we were buying a condo and spent hours talking with the attorney, realtors, banks etc. My bills were higher but I didn't check why. So after be much highr for months, I was like, hummmm? something is wrong. i go online and check the details of my call. And now I notice that I am being charged for long distance to Canada. It is still free on my wife's plan.
So I have been calling them and calling them and calling them until I got someone who understood my case and was aware that my plan had free long distance to Canada. Some people went to tell me it was a computer glitch. yeah yeah yeah!
She went on reimbursing me for the long istance paid and told me while she tries to swith me to the old plan I could continue calling to Canada and they would reimburme as I go until it's fixed. Now we are in November. I have been calling that person over and over and keep getting her voicemail, I leave a message and she doesn't call back.
So I called the 611* and explained my story again, I am told that even if I had stayed on my old plan, there was an automatic switchover back in Feb where everybody with the AC400 plan are now being charged for long distance. I don't think that is leagal but maybe it is. Now she tells me that I can't be reimbursed for the long distance charges. I told her : ok I want to cancell my account and she says: I will be happy to transfer you to the cancellation dept. WOW I didn't know that business was that good.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

thanks

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131477687 -->

I don't work for Verizon, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

wink.gif

Sorry...couldn't resist jacking your thread...carry on...and good luck with all of that...phone companies suck big hairy cave man azz...
laugh.gif

Good luck with that...cell phone companies are a pain in the azz
mad.gif

Don't mind Michelle...she can't help herself
tounge.gif

Hmm...don't know too much about that one. How about speakin with her supervisor?

That's not exactly the best customer service approach...
mad.gif

If you were with Qwest or Sprint I could help you out. They're both clients of mine.

Sorry on the bad service with Verizon.

I don't know what to tell ya man. I have had good service with Verizon so far. The people I have dealt with thus far seem to be nice.
My only problem is that I want one of the new Motorola E-815's to get the Bluetooth technology, but I can't find one anywhere, and I don't want to sign a new contract. I am afraid to buy off of ebay. Would rather buy from someone I trust. So if any of you folks have one, please let me know!!
Thanks

If you were with Qwest or Sprint I could help you out.  They're both clients of mine.

Sorry on the bad service with Verizon.
Heeeey could you help me with Sprint?

I am beyooooooond pissed with them right about now. My service was disconnected for the third time for going over my "spending limit" (which they set at $200) for a bill that I have not even received yet. The account has always been paid on time. Ohhh and the current bill is for $264. I do not understand how after I took features off for the bill to go down...now it went up by almost $200!!!

I just spent almost $500 on new phones with them (I was with Nextel and my fiancé w/Sprint, but he's phone was due for a change) and the cancellation fees are $150/each. We both were out of contract when we signed up for the family plan.

I am very unhappy with the situation...sorry for the rant, but I needed to vent.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help or have someone help out.

Thanks,

Vanessa

I have had Verizon for four years. went through something like that last dec when I added my wife to the plan and got more min. Go to one of the local offices and talk to them in person, you should get some satisfaction.

I have had Verizon for four years. went through something like that last dec when I added my wife to the plan and got more min. Go to one of the local offices and talk to them in person, you should get some satisfaction.
I did that, I spoke to the manager and he was finding allt the reason in the world why I wasn't charged for long distance to Canada. Weekend, after 9pm, computer glitch etc. I had the bill in front of me and he still didn't believe me when I showed him LD's made to Can during peak time at no charge, only minutes. I was telling me that no such plan ever existed. I argued politely with him for 20 minutes until he got a call, put the guy on hold and went to the back store. I waited 5 minutes and hung up his phone and left the store.

Well problem fixed...thanks to Sprint wanting to jack us, they ended up jacking themselves and giving us credit for mistakes they made...so now I don't even have to pay this months bill!

Nananananaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
biggrin.gif

I have not been happy since I left AT&T. They knew what customer SERVICE meant. Nextel just plain sux. Their customer service is nonexistant, they don't have coverage in ANY downtown areas here in Florida adequate enough to carry the signal while driving, the phones are cheap build quality and they are expensive. I keep them because of the two way feature. My business associates and a lot of my friends / relatives are caught in the same catch 22 I am. I may tell them to blow off if things don't improve here really soon. I was hoping that the merger with Sprint would help. It didn't. the only thing that changed was the bill header. Enough of my rant.
As for your Verizon problem... Call their customer service line once more. When the person answers the phone tell them that this is nothing personal but you need to speak with their supervisor. They will ask you why and simply inform them that you will discuss it with the supervisor when they answer the phone. When the supervisor gets on the horn ask for their name and ID # right off the bat. This will let them know there will be repercussions if there is no follow through. Explain the situation calmly and factually citing the other employees name and phone # and insist on credits being issued and confirmation letters being sent to you for future verification. If all else fails tell them you are going to contact the FCC and see if that will get things moving. The LAST thing ANY phone company wants is the FCC to get involved!! Hope this helps. I am sure it will if you have the time to make the call.

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131630650 -->

I have not been happy since I left AT&T. They knew what customer SERVICE meant. Nextel just plain sux. Their customer service is nonexistant, they don't have coverage in ANY downtown areas here in Florida adequate enough to carry the signal while driving, the phones are cheap build quality and they are expensive. I keep them because of the two way feature. My business associates and a lot of my friends / relatives are caught in the same catch 22 I am. I may tell them to blow off if things don't improve here really soon. I was hoping that the merger with Sprint would help. It didn't. the only thing that changed was the bill header. Enough of my rant.
As for your Verizon problem... Call their customer service line once more. When the person answers the phone tell them that this is nothing personal but you need to speak with their supervisor. They will ask you why and simply inform them that you will discuss it with the supervisor when they answer the phone. When the supervisor gets on the horn ask for their name and ID # right off the bat. This will let them know there will be repercussions if there is no follow through. Explain the situation calmly and factually citing the other employees name and phone # and insist on credits being issued and confirmation letters being sent to you for future verification. If all else fails tell them you are going to contact the FCC and see if that will get things moving. The LAST thing ANY phone company wants is the FCC to get involved!! Hope this helps. I am sure it will if you have the time to make the call.
sounds like a good advise, but what could the FCC do in my case?

Back