How do I increase the horsepower

DING

Registered
Hey guys, maybe what I am asking is quite stupid. But still I want to know is there a way to increase the horsepower of your gen3 without adding or replacing any ECU and aftermarket kit ? In another way to ask , Is there a way that I can lose the restriction which Suzuki has done to the gen 3 busa by only programming the stock ecu?

8a32a2fb51eabab99118e61f6a5d9954.jpeg

Hey guys, maybe what I am asking is quite stupid. But still I want to know is there a way to increase the horsepower of your gen3 without adding or replacing any ECU and aftermarket kit ? In another way to ask , Is there a way that I can lose the restriction which Suzuki has done to the gen 3 busa by only programming the stock ecu?

View attachment 1675270
There's post after post in the Gen 3 section talking about flashing the ECU...

It might be a good idea to check out these posts as this exact subject has been discussed at length and all your questions can be answered in depth.

Keep your expectations low on flashing the ECU. It will not be a life altering experience. The Busa isn't as restricted as some of the other liter class rockets out there. Moore Mafia has dyno results in a video of a flashed Gen3.
....see......even an old guy watches your videos and remembers them....

You came right to mind when we were talking about ECU flashing on the Gen 3...(after Chris Moore that is...).

There's post after post in the Gen 3 section talking about flashing the ECU...

It might be a good idea to check out these posts as this exact subject has been discussed at length and all your questions can be answered in depth.
Could you link me it for me ? Thanks a lot bumble bee :D

Keep your expectations low on flashing the ECU. It will not be a life altering experience. The Busa isn't as restricted as some of the other liter class rockets out there. Moore Mafia has dyno results in a video of a flashed Gen3.
Which means the best way is to buy an aftermarket ECU like maxxecu ? It will improve a lot compared with only flashing the stock ecu ?

I wouldn't expect any aftermarket ECU to make more power than a tuned ECU. Once you have removed the bolt on restrictions (pipes/filters) and the ECU restrictions (ride by wire BS) and the ECU has been tuned so the bike is running at the proper air/fuel ratios then it is what it is. Chaning the ECU might give you more functionality but it isn't going to make more power. You have to start exploring other mods, either make the bike lighter or finding ways to get more air into the engine (which require a retune to correct the air/fuel ratios).

View attachment 1675270
How to increase a Gen 3's horsepower with stock ECU? GET A ZX-14R, LOOOL!

Back