How do I increase the horsepower

I wouldn't expect any aftermarket ECU to make more power than a tuned ECU. Once you have removed the bolt on restrictions (pipes/filters) and the ECU restrictions (ride by wire BS) and the ECU has been tuned so the bike is running at the proper air/fuel ratios then it is what it is. Chaning the ECU might give you more functionality but it isn't going to make more power. You have to start exploring other mods, either make the bike lighter or finding ways to get more air into the engine (which require a retune to correct the air/fuel ratios).
Exactly, and it's a competition of what gets more expensive between making the bike lighter or cramming more air into the engine.

Just curious what are your objectives for gaining more HP? Drag racing or just feel a need for more power? I found out for my own style of riding torque lower in the rpm range where I ride and linear acceleration became more important to me than more HP. Your other options is to try and shed weight or consider another bike that comes from the factory with 200+hp. The Kawasaki H2SXSE comes to mind, very easy to gain an extra 10+ HP with a ECU flash, sprint air filter and aftermarket can plus it's setup for sport touring and takes factory bags.

I wouldn't expect any aftermarket ECU to make more power than a tuned ECU. Once you have removed the bolt on restrictions (pipes/filters) and the ECU restrictions (ride by wire BS) and the ECU has been tuned so the bike is running at the proper air/fuel ratios then it is what it is. Chaning the ECU might give you more functionality but it isn't going to make more power. You have to start exploring other mods, either make the bike lighter or finding ways to get more air into the engine (which require a retune to correct the air/fuel ratios).
Understood! thanks for the tip :D

Oh
Just curious what are your objectives for gaining more HP? Drag racing or just feel a need for more power? I found out for my own style of riding torque lower in the rpm range where I ride and linear acceleration became more important to me than more HP. Your other options is to try and shed weight or consider another bike that comes from the factory with 200+hp. The Kawasaki H2SXSE comes to mind, very easy to gain an extra 10+ HP with a ECU flash, sprint air filter and aftermarket can plus its setup for sport touring and takes factory bags.
Oh, my objective is gaining more power for this bike without adding turbo or supercharged kit. So I’ve seen ppl flash the stock ECU or install aftermarket ecu.

Oh

Oh, my objective is gaining more power for this bike without adding turbo or supercharged kit. So I’ve seen ppl flash the stock ECU or install aftermarket ecu.

A full exhaust, aftermarket air filter, velocity stacks, and ecu flash are the basic bolt-ons for increased power.
And a sprocket/gearing change can move the power curve up or down in the rpms, to make the power more useable for your riding style.
Other than comfort, styling, braking and suspension, these are really the only power increases that can be made without going into the engine, or having a turbo, sc, or nitrous.
And as for suspension, Yes, It Can be considered a power increase.
How?? Because when the suspension is dialed in, and the bike is handling at it's best, the tires stay in contact with the road, upset the frame at a minimal, and it makes the power you already have Much more useable.
When the bike hooks and gos, and doesn't beat you up over bumps, or sloppily bounce around...you Will accelerate quicker.
The bike as a whole needs set up, not just more power.
Beef up your brakes too.
Consider at 60mph you travel 88' per second.
Put some front pads in with a better bite, and you Will stop sooner, by several feet.
A better master cylinder will aid in this as well.
When you're trying to stop in an emergency, Every little bit counts.
And, once you get an idea of what parts you want, start a build thread with details and pictures.
We love those here.

A full exhaust, aftermarket air filter, velocity stacks, and ecu flash are the basic bolt-ons for increased power.
And a sprocket/gearing change can move the power curve up or down in the rpms, to make the power more useable for your riding style.
Other than comfort, styling, braking and suspension, these are really the only power increases that can be made without going into the engine, or having a turbo, sc, or nitrous.
And as for suspension, Yes, It Can be considered a power increase.
How?? Because when the suspension is dialed in, and the bike is handling at it's best, the tires stay in contact with the road, upset the frame at a minimal, and it makes the power you already have Much more useable.
When the bike hooks and gos, and doesn't beat you up over bumps, or sloppily bounce around...you Will accelerate quicker.
The bike as a whole needs set up, not just more power.
Beef up your brakes too.
Consider at 60mph you travel 88' per second.
Put some front pads in with a better bite, and you Will stop sooner, by several feet.
A better master cylinder will aid in this as well.
When you're trying to stop in an emergency, Every little bit counts.
And, once you get an idea of what parts you want, start a build thread with details and pictures.
We love those here.
Oh god ! What a detailed explanation! I’m definitely taking notes. Didn’t know so many thing can improve the horsepower of Busa, especially the suspension. Thanks for the patience to answer my question. Really appreciate. :D

Oh god ! What a detailed explanation! I’m definitely taking notes. Didn’t know so many thing can improve the horsepower of Busa, especially the suspension. Thanks for the patience to answer my question. Really appreciate. :D

Yes sir
and the suspension setup doesnt effect hp on a dyno.
The suspension Does make a difference in rideability, as you a better able to keep traction/power to the ground without bouncing about.
The tire pressure is also very important, both tires for handling, and the rear psi Does make a difference on a dyno.
Psi too high can cause wheel spin, too low will cause drag, and can rob 3-4+ hp, and a new sticky tire with proper psi can do the same, but a good tuner adjusts for that.

Back