2nd gear costing me big..suggestions

sorry , but i got no love for the warranty process!
all_coholic.gif

"tell them the warranty aint worth the paper its printed on." That's why I don't have the extended warranty, it's just a rip off...

Thanks for your support guys. My fight is definately not over. Just that phone call to Suzuki had me in shock. When I told the rep. that apparently they don't stand behind their product and I'll probably never buy a Suzuki bike again she said "Well, we could not goodwill the parts..." I can't believe they do this to people. Anyways, I'll post updates as they come.

This is just crap!!

If you can stand the headache, get a lawyer and make SUZUKI pay!! Maybe you can start a class action, this has happened to more than one guy.

(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 03 2007,01:58) This is just crap!!

If you can stand the headache, get a lawyer and make SUZUKI pay!!  Maybe you can start a class action, this has happened to more than one guy.
Yes, it's time for a class action lawsuit. I have seen alot of 06 busa's with this problem ( although I know other years too) on here. We need a count of how many.
Damn
mad.gif
- trans shot in less than a year. This seems like a manufacturer defect to me. All other gears are undercut - right? Why not 2nd?

My 05, 6k old, same problem, bent fork ect. No warranty. Going through the same bs down here. going to have to pay for repairs then chase suzuki in court, thats if i want to ride again this year !

(johnstein @ Jan. 02 2007,17:53) i agree this should be covered 100% and suzuki is wrong for treating customers like this!
firedevil.gif

i think its sport bikes in genral   , not just a suzuki  issue ?  i went through this deal with my bike bein les than 3 weeks old , they told me they didnt care if i had it for less than a block  , that the bike is covered 100% for manufactures defects only , which in my book  leaves alot of room for screwing the customer !  acording to the rep i dealt with  "second gear issue is the most common repair done on all sport bikes  , and the manufactures tired of footing the bill " and to boot ! too get this info out of them  i had to authorise a dealer to rip my bike down  to tell me second gear was bad , no shid! " so after the bike was in half a million pieces they then give you a claim number  to discuss  warranty info ! until you have the warranty info  they sware that the bike is covered 100% for manufactures defects , but the  first step is to let someone tear the bike down  so you can get a claim number  and start the warranty process ,  second step dealer calls  no warranty  , need payment to fix bike , hang up with the dealer  call warranty department with claim number  ask whats up  , the  guy with your claim number is out for a couple days , next day  dealer calls wanting to know why you called suzuki  when they already told you it wasnt covered ?  and they are pissed

this is what i went through took me three months of callin three times a day to get them to offer me 400 dollars on good will offer , toward  the oem dealer repaired 2200 dollar trans repair !  wtf!

oem = 2200-400goodwill offer=1800  = the same oem POS! trans that just blew up on you !

undercut trans ,heavyduty outputshaft=1500dollars =bulletproof transmision ready for more horse power !

again this is just what happened with me , and i still think suzuki shouldve fixed everything free of charge  and appoligised !

if your bike is still there ? and you purchased the extended warranty ?  go tell the salseman you bought your bike from you changed your mind about the extended service plan cause of your problem and you want a refund ! if the plan has not kicked in yet ? the  bike is less than 1 year old , you will get a full refund !  
beerchug.gif
 tell them the warranty aint worth the paper its printed on and suzuki isnt standing behind the bike  so you feel like they are robbing you  for the extended plan  do this in the showroom where you bought the bike  and get the sales manager/owner/salseman involved !  they are not  goin to like this  because :

salesman has already collected his commision on the warranty sale ! and if you cash it in it is literaly goin to take money out of his pocket next week !
SHOCKED.gif

if you waste enough of thier time  they are not on the floor selling bikes

the dealer makes alot on the extended service plan !

if you realy still want the extended service plan , you can purchase it at any time before the year is out from any dealer or the company itself / they sent me a letter 2 months before the 1 year warranty ran out offereing it to me for less than half of what i paid at the dealer for it ? wtf !

to cancel the extended service plan , you must go to the dealer and fill out paper work

if you are already into the plan they pro rate , the refund !
rant.gif

this is goin to piss them off ? but atleast you will get some money for the repair !
beerchug.gif
SMART MAN....I have never purchased a new bike,and never will.It's a rip off...If you can get financed for new at dealer a credit union will finance a good used one and at least when you have an issue you can afford to get another loan to repair it...Sorry guys if I can help in anyway lmk...we can do tranny service and rebuild for way less than suzuki...

beerchug.gif

Do you have full coverage insurance? Find out if they will cover it, this damage is not from wear and tear its a accident of sort.

I would go after Suzuki on this one with so few miles on it, I would have been so pissed off at the dealer, I might have done something crazy.

Brethren and Sistren,

Well I'm just sounding in because I bought MY Busa from Carter Powersports in Las Vegas also.....and Racer's Edge over on Valleyview does much better work, by the way.

I, and a friend with an 02' LE have both commented that at certain times we thought 2nd gear-grabs felt kind of funny. Not sure why they aren't covering the repair if they know they have plenty of PO'd people out there. Someone at Suzuki NA must be looking at the figures, and complaints. Just doesn't make sense that somewhere in the process, they have some problems and they're not admitting it.

Reminds me of the BMW problems in the early nineties with the coating they were putting in their V-8 4.0 powerplants. They said their cylinder deterioration was caused by too much sulphur in the Southern States fuel supplies. NOT....I talked to an actual company that etched and coated cylinders for a living with a long history. BMW just had a "slew" of bad engine blocks with inferior work performed.

Makes me smile a bit. Companies develop production issues, and when up against a wall, still deny the existence of a flaw.

Sad.

Just thoughts, GB,

Spudley
Las Vegas
05' r/b

"RUBBER SIDE DOWN ALL THE TIME !!!".

My 05 is sitting in the garage with a new undercut trans and it worked very well,now the engine is ceased.Anyways I went through the same crap with mine,,,2,000 miles and it starts to skip in and out of 2nd gear.I take it to the dealer and they ride it and it doesnt do it to them.So I go home and wait a few weeks ride it back and they ride it and "woah  whats wrong with yor trans what did you do to it"??
argue.gif
Thats what I was saying dude.Any ways dealer cant do what they want, they are dictated by the manufacturer!So I pulled the engine and gave it to my dealer and spent $1,200.00 out of my pocket for new gears and have it back cut and assembled!I installed it back into bike then 3 weeks later I ceased the engine?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?By that time it is out of warrantee and now Im stuck with an engine rebuild!So I just ride my 05 zx-10 instead!No problems with that little bike!!

rock.gif

sounds like u got hosed by the dealer (mechanix probably on commission,commission mechanix hate warranty work pay sux) anyways when the tech tells suzuki whats wrong ,the first thing suzuki ask is what condition the bike is in,then they ask if they know anything about the rider(dragracer, captain burnout,wheelie rider,etc) then service history. whether your going to get warranty or not has alot to do with what the dealer tells the company. I have had customers atvs six months out of warranty that i have gotten suzuki to cover half the job for. bottom line is all these companys pretty much operate the same i can tell u alot of it is what the dealer told them.

You need to find a "lemon-law" lawyer in your area. Mention that this may also be a common problem with the '06's. Ask for advice on what to do to properly document the problem because you want to ride the bike. Then, you could have GoldenChild fully document the rebuild and (if he can) undercut the gears for you.

I really hate to hear this kind of stuff. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Well this SUCKS! I have an '06 on layaway with $260 down on it. I've sold my Corbin,hugger,Sliders and my Givi racks and bags off my '97 Bandit 1200 and NOW I DON'T THINK I EVEN WANT TO BUY THE '06 BUSA IF THE TRANNY IS GOING TO GO OUT AND SUZUKI WON'T COVER IT. The dealer has a low miles '05 Bandit 1200 maybe I should just buy it.  
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

i just join network after speaking with local guy that deals with all sort of different type riders and issues ,told me to come and read................
bowdown.gif

nice site... / my problem started at 6.5k i got 13k on my '05 busa only because they gave me the same answer different stealership 60mi apart... 1800 to $2100 for repair..... so as you can see i got more miles since issue started.... i love 2nd gear ,but i'll skip that B@%$CH in a sec
still riding until i hear suzuki broke or i got 2k to blow........ i did concider the undercut process just looking for trusted local tranny guy.

This is BS, bruh get a lawyer!!! I'm thinking I have the same problem when accelarating in second! The bike jumps in second somewhere between 60 and 70 MPH! I normally just shift to third and off I go! But, after reading all this I'm starting to get pissed. There's no since of standing behind your product with Suzuki!!!

Picture_004.jpg

Holy crap! Not only am I in the same, exact predicament (second gear grabs), I'm in Vegas as well. I've got the extended warranty and I fully expect to get the same BS line from Suzuki. This issue started happening right after I bought the bike from a private party last November. Interestingly enough, my F4 had the same issue and Racer's Edge did the work for about $1200.

I have an 02 with 6k miles on her and have had no problems with my 2nd gear. The question is: How much would it cost to undercut the trans BEFORE I have problems?
rock.gif

Maybe we can take a poll of our group to see who has experienced this problem. I have a 2002 with 24500 miles on it and no problems. Now I'm a bit scared thinking it just a matter of time for the tranny to go out. I wonder what the average cost would be to undercut now before disaster strikes?

Back