Anyone else getting the Cold shoulder?...

select20

Registered
Anyone else getting the cold shoulder from Gen1 guys? Just curious. Back when I had my R1, one of my buddy's I would ride with had an '07 Busa. Now that I've gotten my '08 Busa, he doesn't ride with me anyore. Always an excuse, or something comes up. In fact he hasn't even been by to see it. Also, whenever I see a Gen1 on the street or I might park beside one, The owners rarely acknowledge me at all.

Call me crazy, I just thought it was a little wierd.

Call me crazy
biggrin.gif

lol, thats funny, only thing cold here in Toronto is the - below zero ice and snow conditions bro

Now thats funny. I doubt you will see that with this crowd. Don't worry about it.

DD

I agree with all of you. Maybe just the crowd I was with is like that. Maybe they'll come around.

I have had alot of people come see mine! I have not had anyone act funny other than the normal how do you keep spending money like this a 06 gsxr 1000 then turn around and buy a 08 busa! It does not help I bought a new Cadillac CTS also! I sold the 06 1000 to buy the busa and had it almost paid for so I didn't lose to bad on it! I guess some people just hate to spend money but you only live once and shpuld buy what you want! I sold my 01 busa to soon to the chance of the new busa release and had to ride a gsxr 1000 for alittle over a year!Long story short I have not had the cold sholder!
bowdown.gif

No cold shoulder here.... But, the guy on the new 08 didn't stick around long! Maybe my 2000 BigBore scared him away!
beerchug.gif

Don't give anyone the cold shoulder, but certainly wouldn't to a Gen2 owner. I love the majority of improvements made and am glad to see them when I do (which ain't often).

Ya well last evening I was gasing up at a Hess and a Zook GSXR was at the pump behind me. I finished, did a U'ey and gave the guy a small wave, and he looked at me like I was dog $hit. I'm not particularly sensitive but I thought it was odd. OUT.

I have not seen any busas on the street here since it has been cold, 19 or 20 deg. in the morning, but, there are more squids on busas here than educated enthusiasts. I have gotten a lot of attention though, especially at the pump, somebody always asks about it. The hardcore harley guys (not the fair weather guys) love it too!

I think I get it, though,
...I'm not looking forward to the owner of his new '08 telling me the endless ways his Gen2 bike is so much better than my Gen1.
Don't say it ain't so 'cause,
ya know it is.

I know they're an awesome bike.
I've spent hours reading about them.
Looking them over at the dealership .
And watching online test videos.

It's just I know that it's inevitable that, I'll get cornered by one of "Those Guys".

In my modest opinion.
winkold.gif

orangecrush08, we'll have to get together to do some riding. I am about 35 miles West of Atl (approaching the "sticks" out in Carroll County). Today was a cold one.

I've only seen one that was actually not at the dealership. I had to make a u-turn to talk to the guy. He was very cool and we had a nice talk about it. Some people ask me why I did'nt just wait for the 08, I love my bike (07 Blue) and it turns me on. I have sat on the 08 and dreamed about riding it, it no doubt is an awesome machine. I just hope when more hit the streets you 08 owners will let me roll with ya (on your slower paced days of course).
thumb_up.gif
. Mine was $8,015 otd, thanks 08 Busa!!
super.gif

I think I get it, though,
...I'm not looking forward to the owner of his new '08 telling me the endless ways his Gen2 bike is so much better than my Gen1.
Don't say it ain't so 'cause,
ya know it is.

I know they're an awesome bike.
I've spent hours reading about them.
Looking them over at the dealership .
And watching online test videos.

It's just I know that it's inevitable that, I'll get cornered by one of "Those Guys".

In my modest opinion.  
winkold.gif
I don't worry about stuff like that .
If someone started telling how their 08 busa is so much better than my 00 busa I would agree then tell them how my 02 klr 650 enduro would smoke any busa in all around driving PERIOD. I mean hey, I love my busa and wont get rid of her. Had her since new but, my klr is just a better bike for everyday use. Better mpg, it'll still do 100mph,I could hit the deepest pot holes with no effect, I could ride her in the dirt and it loves the twisty roads. The only thing my busa could do better is go faster in a straight line. Oh and yes I could take a turn alot faster on her then I can with my baby girl (busa). If I had to let one of them go,the busa stays,but my klr is still a better all around motorcycle.

Back