Anyone else getting the Cold shoulder?...

I almost bought a klr but it was a little too big for me off road but def. a cadillac, I ended up buying a DR250 and doing some mods. I use both bikes as commuters so I know what you mean...but wow the busa! I gotta be honest the 08 looks good but I still love the gen1 styling. Yeah pulk, I wanted to ride out around blood mountain and Suches area to break in my '08 in but I'm bound by work and family life so I had to keep it local.I would enjoy the chance to ride may be a while before I get a break but definitly keep me informed if you do something...I think I'm about three hrs.south of you in augusta

Anyone else getting the cold shoulder from Gen1 guys? Just curious. Back when I had my R1, one of my buddy's I would ride with had an '07 Busa. Now that I've gotten my '08 Busa, he doesn't ride with me anyore. Always an excuse, or something comes up. In fact he hasn't even been by to see it. Also, whenever I see a Gen1 on the street or I might park beside one, The owners rarely acknowledge me at all.

Call me crazy, I just thought it was a little wierd.
I dont get no shoulder. I have not seen an 08 yet. I think I seen one is Austin once, but it was going too fast to tell for sure.

Do C5 owners give C6 owners the cold shoulder?

Cool orange... yeah, the Blood Mountain area is supposed to be good riding. I usually just do a lot of back-road riding in neighboring counties. I am hiking up to Blood Mountain near the end of this month. Will probably be a little chilly.

thumb_up.gif

What, do people just look for more drama.??

You'll never see any of the established members here pick a side, we're all on the Busa side.

Biggest reason,

We live by the "new posts" function. I don't even look at what forum I'm in. I guess I'm color blind...

jeez, this is making me sick...

I guess its human nature to pick a side and ridicule the other. Never was my thing though...

I'd love to see and ride with someone with an 08. I'd think it would be an honor. Besides, i'm just on a tiny little Gixx1K. Just wishing I was part of the big boys.

While I was gassing up my 08, I had a guy walk over from his truck. He said he owned a 04 Busa and a GSXR750, he looked my bike over and said he liked it. So far one positive and no negetive experiences for me. People are people, some are petty, some are jealous.

I think that that most 08 owners, atleast forr me is that i was amazed about the difference between the too not to downgrade an older busa i was just suprised .. so i talk about it.

Dont care what you ride , but Im not going to drink the coolaide either so dont step up and start telling me how much better your bike is then mine and how I should go out and get one.

yeah, personally i dont care what someone rides. If they wanna ride with me, they're welcome to dfo so. At least provided they have some experience and dont ride like an azzhat.

The standard group i rode with last summer had another busa, a GSXR1K, an R1, a couple other various zooks, kaws, and yamahas, and a guy on a CBR1000RR. Heck, we even had a couple buell guys ride with us sometimes.

To me, its more about the people you get to hang out with and share stories, etc, with more than what they're sitting on.

The club I'm in has been steadily overtaken by Busa's in the last few years it semms that most of the guys prefer them for different reasons, I'm finally one fo the last to cave in since I was tired of getting my ass spanked on my Yamaha
argue.gif
so now when I roll out thi season for the 1st club ride I'm sure my brothers will be drinking a bit of Hatordade, but I'm sure they'll get over it and start begging to ride it for a try out, here in MD people are pretty cool though, more thna likely people just like to be able to walk up and check it out, but I agree nobody should have to hear about how "great" they are, I caught enough of that crap while I had my Yamaha...hmmmm...then I bought an 08 Busa...hey maybe there's something to it after all..cross over to the darkside, you can't resist it, as long as it's a Busa right?
thumb_up.gif

And therein lies the key Ty respect, like the man said
beerchug.gif

All the guys I ride with have been glad I got the 08 boo, they were glad to see me trade in my KLR and R1 on it, they were tired of trying to keep up with the KLR on their 14's, ZX10's r6's, zx6r's, and gsxr's, and especially hated me doing longer 2nd gear wheelies on the KLR.  
banghead.gif

I've raced some gen 1's at the track and did some roll on's with gen 1's and 14's on the road, all thumbs  
thumb_up.gif
up positive feedback.  
clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

I had broke down one time on the side of the highway and ironically it was a harly guy that pulled over and helped me out! greT GUY, WE ARE STILL BUDDIES AND GO FOR RIDES today, he still jokes about the jap bike broken down (Tip over sensor)

I just wonder why bikers in general give a shid what someone else rides.The only one it matters to is the person that owns and rides the machine of his choice.It doesn't matter if it's a busa,14,cruiser,harley,gold wing,bmw and so on.Why do biker/riders put themselves in so many differant catagories? What does it matter? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Back