Biden on a Busa!

LOL you're aging yourself Rojo the younger members think

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Thanks man I have always hated that idiotic, overused phrase

LOL I've always been more of Bugs Bunny guy.
Hate?

Such a strong word for a phrase that has been around for a very long time.

A phrase I myself use periodically and make no excuse in using it either.

As we know, here in Canada we have an idiot in charge of our country right now with the name of Trudeau.....he will be so voted out in the next election and he knows it....Biden is the Trudeau of the south.

Sadly the US has only two worn out choices to choose from which is mind boggling with all the very intelligent and congenial people there.....

Hate?

Such a strong word for a phrase that has been around for a very long time.

A phrase I myself use periodically and make no excuse in using it either.
There’s a lot of phrases that have been around a long time. That is not automatically a good thing. Yes I hate it, or dislike it a lot if that suits you. It’s way over used and says nothing.

There’s a lot of phrases that have been around a long time. That is not automatically a good thing. Yes I hate it, or dislike it a lot if that suits you. It’s way over used and says nothing.
Like many, many other phrases....

I use it but not as often as I used to, but it still fits in some occasions.....

I often use the phrase "that's just the way it is" which to me means status quo kind of like the "hated" phrase.

Crazy theories, lying, racism, I deal with easier. We all have our makeups.
“It is what it is” basically defines something as itself. I know people really mean “deal with it” or “accept it”, so just say that. I suppose that for some people, that’s too direct and want buffer it, or in the case of some, not own up to saying it.
I’m not going to claim that I don’t have idiosyncrasies.

"It is was it is" The least useful, meaningless phrase I can think of
That's because you are a shallow thinker. The phrase is designed to shut people up before they go into a rant about something. "How's Jill? Yeah well we broke up yesterday, it is what it is" In other words shut up and accept it, they want you to know the basic fact but don't want to discuss it right now, certainly don't want relationship advice. Don't pry into the matter.

A truly useless phrase is "the glass is half full" It's supposed to portray the idea that you're a positive thinker and that by "believing" you can make a good situation out of a bad one, you can "Level Up". The finance and real estate industry invented it to suck investors into sticking with loosing assets. "Houses always go up" These two phrases trap the house flipper into holding in a falling market until the repayments forced them to hand in the keys. Jingle mail. If they had been more circumspect, more aware, they might have run the numbers and sold when the trouble was obvious. But then they would be a "glass half empty" type wouldn't they.

I knew the US housing market was in deep trouble in 2005~6 because I was watching the Toll Brothers sell off massive blocks of stock in their company. That activity has to be reported, there are websites that list it. I saw the same thing with Saylor and MicroStrategy back in March this year. I saw the same with Gates and Buffett prior to the GFC. The media spun it as "Profit taking" but they knew the market was in a bubble and were getting out.

Don't worry, I'm not posting this for your benefit but for others who challenge the tropes that pass for wisdom in our society.

This is for you.

buggs bunny.jpg

That's because you are a shallow thinker. The phrase is designed to shut people up before they go into a rant about something. "How's Jill? Yeah well we broke up yesterday, it is what it is" In other words shut up and accept it, they want you to know the basic fact but don't want to discuss it right now, certainly don't want relationship advice.

View attachment 1685375
I said that in post #35, but being a shallow thinker, I can only think that Bugs should be wearing a Cardinals uniform, not Yankees.

That's because you are a shallow thinker. The phrase is designed to shut people up before they go into a rant about something. "How's Jill? Yeah well we broke up yesterday, it is what it is" In other words shut up and accept it, they want you to know the basic fact but don't want to discuss it right now, certainly don't want relationship advice. Don't pry into the matter.

A truly useless phrase is "the glass is half full" It's supposed to portray the idea that you're a positive thinker and that by "believing" you can make a good situation out of a bad one, you can "Level Up". The finance and real estate industry invented it to suck investors into sticking with loosing assets. "Houses always go up" These two phrases trap the house flipper into holding in a falling market until the repayments forced them to hand in the keys. Jingle mail. If they had been more circumspect, more aware, they might have run the numbers and sold when the trouble was obvious. But then they would be a "glass half empty" type wouldn't they.

I knew the US housing market was in deep trouble in 2005~6 because I was watching the Toll Brothers sell off massive blocks of stock in their company. That activity has to be reported, there are websites that list it. I saw the same thing with Saylor and MicroStrategy back in March this year. I saw the same with Gates and Buffett prior to the GFC. The media spun it as "Profit taking" but they knew the market was in a bubble and were getting out.

Don't worry, I'm not posting this for your benefit but for others who challenge the tropes that pass for wisdom in our society.

This is for you.

View attachment 1685375

Ah, the forum encyclopedia strikes again. (He) knows what it means, it means shut up w/o saying shut up so I guess…it is what it is. Handy filler words eh?

Back