Bike stolen

bikermom

Registered
Just thought that it might help a little to put a heads up out there because my husband's CRF450 dirt-bike was stolen out of our driveway last night. It's an 05' Honda, it was locked to another bike that was a street bike. It had one of those new kriptonite cable locks that are supposed to be foolproof! The bike, the stand and the lock are all gone this morning.

mad.gif

I'm sorry...best of luck tracking it down...seems the only solution to keeping our bikes safe is to put 'em in the house...

I hope its not the old barell style kriptonite, those can be defeated with a Bic Pen. Sorry for your H's loss.

Just thought that it might help a little to put a heads up out there because my husband's CRF450 dirt-bike was stolen out of our driveway last night. It's an 05' Honda, it was locked to another bike that was a street bike. It had one of those new kriptonite cable locks that are supposed to be foolproof! The bike, the stand and the lock are all gone this morning.
Theives SUCK!!!!!! sure hope something gives and you track em down....and when you do
guns.gif
em.....

I hope its not the old barell style kriptonite, those can be defeated with a Bic Pen.  Sorry for your H's loss.
Are you kidding?
No....I thought a friend of mine was kidding as well.  Take apart a pen (Bic fits perfectly) and slide the top piece right where the key goes into the lock....it's like magic.
If you search for "kryptonite lock pen" you can watch videos of people doing it.

Kryptonite had an exchange program for those old style locks.

It sucks to get stuff stolen.
sad.gif

maybe we should all install these wireless night vision cameras on our bikes so we can atleast see who is doing it.

http://www.x10.com/cameras/cameras_wireless.html#single_nightwatch

don't be fooled by the only 1 day left or 1 hour only, they do that create urgency and cause people to impulse buy, the prices have been the same for like 5 years
smile.gif
if you look around a little on the site sometimes you can find a cheaper price though.

I F$#(*@ hate theives
mad.gif
.... I just had my 02 yamaha banshee stolen from my garage 2 weeks ago along with brand new torq thrust 2 rims for my GN... they cut the kryptonite cable in half! left the new busa sitting there untouched. THANK GOD.
Good luck , who knows if insurance will cover my stuff.
cussing.gif

WTF is wrong with some people?!?!

Sorry to hear about this, Mom. The fuggers should be beaten with an exhaust pipe.
mad.gif

Thanks for your support guys! We are keeping our fingers crossed with hopes that the locals will find it; in one peice!

I hope its not the old barell style kriptonite, those can be defeated with a Bic Pen. Sorry for your H's loss.
Are you kidding?
No....I thought a friend of mine was kidding as well. Take apart a pen (Bic fits perfectly) and slide the top piece right where the key goes into the lock....it's like magic.
Damn! Some f**king lock, huh? Might as well use plastic chain. What kind of Kryptonite lock isn't so easy to defeat. How do you tell them apart?

Back