Brock Davidson Clutch Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does it...I'm going to cancel my order. I'm going to try soaking the clutch fibers to see how that works first. If that doesn't do the trick then I'll install the clutch mod.

Does anyone have Shnitz's phone number.

BTW, I'm not hating on the clutch mod, but I just don't feel like getting into something that may cause me some greif while my bike is under warrenty. If the oiling of the fibers doesn't do the trick, then screw the warrenty and I'll put in the clutch mod.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Booker,

Soaking the plates in oil will NOT fix the clutch engagement problem. It is a mechanical lockup ramp that causes it.

Dave

DaveO,

I'm almost certain it won't completely cure the problem myself, but it may make it a bit better I'm told. The clutch engagement on my 2000 BUSA isn't absolutely horrible, but it is unlike any other bike I've ridden. I'm gonna oil the fibers and take it to the track and see what it goes. If I can't 10.0 or 9.90's it then I'll have to see about the clutch mod.

Does anyone know why Suzuki designed it the way that it is? There has got to be some method to their madness, becuase they could have easily have made it the way that the Brock Mod is done I'm sure.

Booker, the clutch mod is by far the best thing I've done to my '99 in 16000 miles and I've done a lot.I have over 10000 miles on the mod with no problems, and I love it. The stocker is by far the worst clutch I've ever experienced on a bike, and took a lot of enjoyment out of owning the Busa.

As much as I love my Busa, if I was forced to go back to the stock clutch I'd consider selling the bike. That's how strongly I feel about it.

Booker, glad you made the only right decision in the end, I was almost beginning to feel guilty for "scaring you away" from the Brock mod while only wanting to paint the complete picture on this.

I know this is an old topic but I ran across it while doing a search on it. I'm installing the hub as well as the cushion mod in the morning and was looking for some info.

Anyways, I have to ask. Is the cracked cover a result of using the stiffer springs AND the spacers, or can the stiffer springs Brock supplies with the cushion mod alone crack the cover as well?

(NightCrawler @ Jul. 27 2007,21:50) I know this is an old topic but I ran across it while doing a search on it. I'm installing the hub as well as the cushion mod in the morning and was looking for some info.

Anyways, I have to ask. Is the cracked cover a result of using the stiffer springs AND the spacers, or can the stiffer springs Brock supplies with the cushion mod alone crack the cover as well?
You can not use the spacers with the springs Brock supplies with the cushion mod.

Just using the stiffer springs can crack the oem cover. I have even seen the crack with 100% stock clutch.

Clutch Cover Slave Support

This one little part, or one like it stops all the cracking worries. It was made for this reason. Once you add more spring pressure to the slave cover it flexes and then eventually cracks and breaks. This support bracket keeps the cover from flexing and removes all worries about breaking.
beerchug.gif

(Professor @ Jul. 27 2007,23:58)
(NightCrawler @ Jul. 27 2007,21:50) I know this is an old topic but I ran across it while doing a search on it. I'm installing the hub as well as the cushion mod in the morning and was looking for some info.

You can not use the spacers with the springs Brock supplies with the cushion mod.

Just using the stiffer springs can crack the oem cover. I have even seen the crack with 100% stock clutch.
Thanks Revvv. I'm gonna have to take a look at that.

Professor:
Would it be alright to use the cushion mod along with the hub and use the stock springs or would that make one of the mods pointless?

I thought I'd give you a minute to fix that link.
laugh.gif

Anywho, how can one order from them? The cover isn't clickable and the "contact" link seems to be down.

The number to APE is 661-256-7309

I don't know how to place an order online. I've always called and got what I needed.

You need part number CCS1300

(NightCrawler @ Jul. 28 2007,00:54) .

Professor:
Would it be alright to use the cushion mod along with the hub and use the stock springs or would that make one of the mods pointless?
I think the springs in the cushion kit are overkill for a stock/semi-stock bike. I think there are 4 stiff and 2 extra stiff springs in there. I would use the stock springs with spacers on 4 and 2 of the lighter springs without spacers if it was me and see how that worked out.

Kool, thanks for the tip.

Just for reassurance I'm gonna order the brace Revvv spoke of. Hopefully it'll get here by next weekend and I'll do everything in one shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back