Busa mpg?

30-35 when I'm playing, 43 typical cruise, can hit 50 when sight-seeing on secondary roads at 65mph.  

Its pretty amazing that we own one of the quickest and fastest production vehicles in the country which also gets some of the highest mpg numbers.
cool.gif

Hey all, my first post here! Just got a new busa recently. I was getting 24 on my 06 at first. After my first oil change a few weeks ago and switching to Chevron, the last was 35. I do mostly in town and a bit on the freeways. The gauge never read over 26 on usage, so I don't go by that.

50 is the most ive got...they gotta be highway miles and cant drive over 60. i usually avg 44 and thats driving 90 and some good power wheelies every now and then
smile.gif

By the way, i use unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 100.
What do you use?
What would be best for the busa?
100 octane! I gotta move to greece. You have to buy race gas in the US to get 100. 92-93 is the best pump gas we see. at least in my area anyway.

BTW ~37MPG for me typically a mix of Freeway and light-moderate traffic with frequent back road blasts thrown in for sanity sake.

18mpg - trackdays, low psi
49.9 - tops on highway 85mph-ish

remember the ODOMETER is 2-5% OPTOMISTIC

best I have seen is 5.1L/100 km. 4.5L/100 would be 60mpg, so being lazy and not looking for a calculator I guess about 50-55 mpg. I dont speed, (much) and hardly ever race away from stop signs and red lights. I am on the road all the time, so in the car, truck, or on the bike I try to get the best mpg I can.

Gas is 1.08 per L here today. (Edmonton)

43 all around more hwy then city
on long trips 48 - 50 all hwy 80-85 mph.

Here you gohttp://www.totalmotorcycle.com/MotorcycleFuelEconomyGuide/index.htm

<!--EDIT|fl_busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145890764 -->

Just wondering .......... where is everyone getting their numbers from? Calculation - wise. The odometer/ speedo/mpg calculator is -of course WRONG, so where are you getting your numbers from? Do you have a speedohealer?
rock.gif

oddly, after much GPS testing the ODOMETER is a lot closer to reality than the SPEEDOMETER
I listed from the Busa's built in MPG calculator. yeah it's wrong but it's common ground for everyone here

Using the onboard puter it says anywhere from 39-44. I have a speedohealer and easily get over 200 miles per tank.
biggrin.gif

What the heck is a speed healer
rock.gif
Ok my owners manual calls for 87 octane.. I thought we were 11:1 on compression.? If that is correct there is no need to use the higher octane. it will not increase Hp. It burns slower therefore you lose Hp. Spark knock is caused by the fuel burning before the piston makes it all the way to top dead center.. So to correct this they add retarders that they call Higher Octane. this causes the fuel to burn slower allowing the piston to reach TDC before burning. I am not saying it don't ignite before TDC because it does. but don't flash until after TDC. So if your bike is running stock you should be able to run 87 octane with no problems. and no loss of power.. If you buy 11.5 or 12.0 pistons then you will have to increase the Octane because the pistons will generate more heat cause the fuel to ignite before the spark plug ignites the fuel. this will cause the engine to knock. In most modern engines when the engine detects knock the computer will retard the spark this will cause loss of power because the piston will be past TDC before the spark ignites the fuel. therefor the push down on the piston will be almost half way down.. Oh we were talking about fuel mileage after my last bike reached 3000 miles my fuel mileage increased by 20 miles per tank not using synthetic oil.. A word of Caution ! please us a syn appoved oil for motorcycles. or your clutch will slip bad.. because the Car engine syn have liquid ball bearings and will harm your Busa..
Oh what a night at the Holiday Inn

DSC00008.jpg

Back