Busa vrs ZX-10

Check this flick out :

8_9_24.gif

I don't know; the turbo was the chase bike and seemed to be short shifting and getting out of it alot. I know the NOS took the one NOS TURBO run. I'd have to go back and review that run. He seemed to be playing the whole time and you don't see the front end coming up at all and my stocker brings the front end if I hit it.
lurk.gif

(hionbusa @ Mar. 15 2007,16:53)
(ibified @ Mar. 14 2007,22:49) You'd have smoked him like a cheap cigar.  I was playing this past weekend with a buddy and his CBR1000RR - once we got above about 130, i was walking away from him.
You'd have smoked him like a cheap cigar.

Hmmm I dont know about that.  a lot of board members own both bikes and will tell you that the performance of liter bikes specially gsxr1k & zx10 is pretty darn close to the busa .
funny i should see this post...
just last week i raced an 04 and 06 cbr1000 from a dead stop. The 06 pilot is a decent rider and the 04 pilot is a damn good rider, i however might have 10 good launches under my belt and out weigh them by at least 40 pounds. Both the cbr are bone stock, and i have the basics (pipe power comand ect..). Busa won by a nose both times. In my opinion the only thing that kept them from dusting me was the wheelie factor....they cant keep the front wheel on the ground. Wich means they are a lowering kit and front sprocket away from dusting me. I cant really speak about the zx10 or the gsxr1k, but i bet its the same story. just my 2 cents

If that turbo bike got beat that bad the guy was backing out of it,takeing a fall, afraid of it, or he better take it back to his tuner and try again. or all of the above
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(CCbusa05 @ Mar. 15 2007,15:05) Hey Raydog! Shame on you....tsk-tsk, a man your age!!
biggrin.gif

PM me sometime if you might be interested in riding with me and another busa ridin' old guy. I'm 62, he's 55 and we hail from Carson City. Ever been up Sonora Pass, Ebbits Pass, Monitor, Icehouse raod off hwy50.....and the list of fun twisities goes on and on, eh?
Here's my buddy (I'm the camera man) out towards Mamouth Lakes last summer, out for a little fun ride!
You guys make me feel good. I'll be 60 in July and we're still taken the beast to the top once in a while. Are you guys coming down to Vegas with the rest of us in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Dave&Cindy @ Mar. 17 2007,17:48) If that turbo bike got beat that bad the guy was backing out of it,takeing a fall, afraid of it, or he better take it back to his tuner and try again. or all of the above
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
I remember that video. Guys at sh.org filmed it. The turbo busa had a bad air box leak. Considerable power loss. Nickslick was happy his nos busa got a turbo. Rematch happened at the vegas runs and if i remember right, nick didn't like what happened against the t busa.
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

Hey Copperone, I'm not going to Vegas this time, I'm doing the Nor Cal Pashnit 4 day tour at the end of April (really excited about that one-Hwy 1 north of Golden Gate Bridge, Skyline Dr., Hwy 36, Trinity Alps, etc. with about 10 guys). Then, July 1st a 4 state loop with 4 friends up the Oregon coast, THEN a week with SoCal buddies at Laguna Seca...so you see, I'm maxed out with my wife on playing with the boys! I really am looking forward to connecting with some of you Busa Boys in the future though, maybe Vegas next year. Take care! Raydog

Back