Can anyone here tell me what "Like an AR15" really means?

Nice to see you place higher intelligence on goat herders in Afghanistan than you do the average American.
Have you ever been to Afghanistan? I doubt it. If you had you wouldn’t say what you just did. The reason we lost the conflicts you mention was due to the fact we couldn’t kill their spirit. It’s no different here. The free American spirt will never die.

There is no greater nation on earth other than this one. I’ve filled up over four passports thru the decades personally seeing that. The reason you have what you have is due to what they gave you nobody else. The king didn’t just give us our freedom, it was earned.
I take it you have been to Afghanistan.....and you call the Taliban "goat herders" Those "Goat herders" were pretty well trained, motivated and resourceful...these weren't average citizens of Afghanistan. I learned to respect them for what they were...I also disliked them for the same reason.

Drop into any town USA and see if the average citizen can compare....that is what we are comparing here...the average Afghani wouldn't either...

I won't play the bobo-measure game with you, I served 33 yrs and was in pretty much every hellhole the world had to offer and because you would know, it was mostly done covertly...

I take it you have been to Afghanistan.....and you call the Taliban "goat herders" Those "Goat herders" were pretty well trained, motivated and resourceful...these weren't average citizens of Afghanistan. I learned to respect them for what they were...I also disliked them for the same reason.

Drop into any town USA and see if the average citizen can compare....that is what we are comparing here...the average Afghani wouldn't either...

I won't play the bobo-measure game with you, I served 33 yrs and was in pretty much every hellhole the world had to offer and because you would know, it was mostly done covertly...

First, thank you for your service
Second I didn’t serve. I supplied people like you with what you used and most often had to oversee delivery to make sure it all got to you.
Lastly before they were trained they were goat herders.
That’s my point. I put more belief in the average American and that they could readily adapt faster than they did.
Ukraine comes to mind. Only months ago they were just common citizens and now many are getting it done.
I used Cuba as an example to you implying that a govt and it’s police forces can protect you or I better than ourselves. I still prefer dangerous liberty over slavery and trust in one’s overlords. There are over 40 million gun owners in this country. 99.99999999% of them didn’t kill anyone today.
With that we can agree to disagree on some things. Peace and keep the RSD since you still have a bike and I don’t.

First, thank you for your service
Second I didn’t serve. I supplied people like you with what you used and most often had to oversee delivery to make sure it all got to you.
Lastly before they were trained they were goat herders.
That’s my point. I put more belief in the average American and that they could readily adapt faster than they did.
Ukraine comes to mind. Only months ago they were just common citizens and now many are getting it done.
I used Cuba as an example to you implying that a govt and it’s police forces can protect you or I better than ourselves. I still prefer dangerous liberty over slavery and trust in one’s overlords. There are over 40 million gun owners in this country. 99.99999999% of them didn’t kill anyone today.
With that we can agree to disagree on some things. Peace and keep the RSD since you still have a bike and I don’t.
Agreed, that we can agree to disagree on a few things.

I and my team captured and were present for interrogations of many Taliban fighters-of which many were former military members of either other countries or Afghanistan...before NATO invaded Afghanistan it had a standing military which (like Iraq) disbanded and rerolled as insurgent fighters.

The same can't be said about the US...drop into down town L.A. (or many other urban centers) and try arming those people to defend their city.....

Ukraine has seen well over 5 million people evacuate it's borders and it's military, volunteer citizens and international mercenaries are all being trained and equipped by the west...

As a civilized country, the US has the highest gun crime rate of all...if you didn't have a strong police force the US would be unlivable (as with many countries).

Agreed, that we can agree to disagree on a few things.

I and my team captured and were present for interrogations of many Taliban fighters-of which many were former military members of either other countries or Afghanistan...before NATO invaded Afghanistan it had a standing military which (like Iraq) disbanded and rerolled as insurgent fighters.

The same can't be said about the US...drop into down town L.A. (or many other urban centers) and try arming those people to defend their city.....

Ukraine has seen well over 5 million people evacuate it's borders and it's military, volunteer citizens and international mercenaries are all being trained and equipped by the west...

As a civilized country, the US has the highest gun crime rate of all...if you didn't have a strong police force the US would be unlivable (as with many countries).

Highest rates of gun crimes happen in blue states and blue cities. All of which have the strictest gun laws. Remove those from the equation and we fall off the chart.
Passing more won’t address the real issues that are causing what we are seeing today.
I for one would be just fine with no police here. Not that I’m anti-cop at all, many of my friends are cops or work for alphabet agencies. Just that the lack of their presence wouldn’t affect me or my ability to conduct life as normal.
Five federal court cases, three of which were from the scotus all ruled that the police have NO duty to protect you. Many people in this country place too much trust in govt and police and think all will be hunky dory. Just not the case. The term ‘public servant’ seems to be lost on many on both sides of the aisle. I wouldn’t mind if we flushed the lot of them.

Highest rates of gun crimes happen in blue states and blue cities. All of which have the strictest gun laws. Remove those from the equation and we fall off the chart.
Passing more won’t address the real issues that are causing what we are seeing today.
I for one would be just fine with no police here. Not that I’m anti-cop at all, many of my friends are cops or work for alphabet agencies. Just that the lack of their presence wouldn’t affect me or my ability to conduct life as normal.
Five federal court cases, three of which were from the scotus all ruled that the police have NO duty to protect you. Many people in this country place too much trust in govt and police and think all will be hunky dory. Just not the case. The term ‘public servant’ seems to be lost on many on both sides of the aisle. I wouldn’t mind if we flushed the lot of them.
Guys like me had to go to countries with no police forces and a corrupt government which abused it's citizens...human lives were worth absolutely nothing as they would be in he US if there was no police force to enforce the basic laws of a society. I definitely disagree with you on the value of a strong police force upholding laws, imagine how much fun all the bad guys would have if they had no consequences of their actions...you certainly sound like you are anti-cop to me...

I am not politically driven, I could care less who is in charge as they are all the same to me. Liberal, conservative are all the same, they involve humans and humans are flawed as a design...

Last edited:
Guys like me had to go to countries with no police forces and a corrupt government which abused it's citizens...human lives were worth absolutely nothing as they would be in he US if there was no police force to enforce the basic laws of a society. I definitely disagree with you on the value of a strong police force upholding laws, imagine how much fun all the bad guys would have if they had no consequences of their actions...you certainly sound like you are anti-cop to me...

I am not politically driven, I could care less who is in charge as they are all the same to me. Liberal, conservative are all the same, they involve humans and humans are flawed as a design...

Not anti-cop in any way. No idea how you could assume that from anything I said? I associate with cops on a daily basis. Some are in my home regularly eating dinner. Got no issues with them at all. I simply said I do not depend on them to protect me as they legally have no duty to do so. How much were the lives of 19 children worth in Uvalde as more than two dozen cops stood around for over an hour in the hall listening to them be murdered?
Bad guys already have no consequences in certain parts of the country and once again they are all in blue states and blue cities. Look at the most recent example from NY where a man attacked the gubernatorial candidate with a knife while he was on stage speaking. The candidate himself said ‘he will be out in hours’. And with NY’s no bail policy he was released within hours. ZERO accountability there for criminals and the people there are reaping what they have continuously voted for.
Move to the west coast and see all the smash and grabs going on in high dollar retail stores. Gangs of thugs rush in and grab whatever they can and walk out. No worries for the criminals and no ability due to laws there for the owners to do anything about it. If you’re depending on the police to be ‘strong’ and protect you you’re fooling yourself. The police can decide to do absolutely ZERO to protect you and five federal cases three of which were ruled on by the scotus says that. YOU are your own first responder and if you don’t take proper measures to do that than well it’s on you nobody else.

Last edited:
Not anti-cop in any way. No idea how you could assume that from anything I said? I associate with cops on a daily basis. Some are in my home regularly eating dinner. Got no issues with them at all. I simply said I do not depend on them to protect me as they legally have no duty to do so. How much were the lives of 19 children worth in Uvalde as more than two dozen cops stood around for over an hour in the hall listening to them be murdered?
Bad guys already have no consequences in certain parts of the country and once again they are all in blue states and blue cities. Look at the most recent example from NY where a man attacked the gubernatorial candidate with a knife while he was on stage speaking. The candidate himself said ‘he will be out in hours’. And with NY’s no bail policy he was released within hours. ZERO accountability there for criminals and the people there are reaping what they have continuously voted for.
Move to the west coast and see all the smash and grabs going on in high dollar retail stores. Gangs of thugs rush in and grab whatever they can and walk out. No worries for the criminals and no ability due to laws there for the owners to do anything about it. If you’re depending on the police to be ‘strong’ and protect you you’re fooling yourself. The police can decide to do absolutely ZERO to protect you and five federal cases three of which were ruled on by the scotus says that. YOU are your own first responder and if you don’t take proper measures to do that than well it’s on you nobody else.

You ever spent time in a country where there are no police to protect citizens? It isn't a place anyone wants to be, girls and boys are snatched from homes and off streets to enter either into the sex trade or basically slavery.

People can't own anything shiny or show that they do or other people will just come and take it and I mean anything from groceries to cars...the wealthy have body guards who look like para-military and even though they are wealthy, they live like prisoners because they have to be under guard all the time.....

When it gets to be like this in the US under your anti-policing principle, life will suck, the only thing keeping the US as it is (such as it is) is the threat of being caught. Police can't be everywhere all the time especially in this day and age of de-funding the police.....there is absolutely no way any government would say the citizens are their own first responders......

Re-read this post from you and tell me that doesn't sound like an anti-policing post....

No govt will say the ppl are their own first responders but in actuality if it takes 20mins for them to get there, you better hope u have access to something effective to save your ass lol

I’m not anti police but there’s been some court cases where the court has upheld that the police are not actually bound to protect u, only enforce law. Most will, but it’s not actually their job.

No govt will say the ppl are their own first responders but in actuality if it takes 20mins for them to get there, you better hope u have access to something effective to save your ass lol

I’m not anti police but there’s been some court cases where the court has upheld that the police are not actually bound to protect u, only enforce law. Most will, but it’s not actually their job.
Good thing I live in Canada where is it most definitely part of the police job description to protect citizens...

I've seen lots of police vehicles in the US that have "To Protect and Serve" on the side of them.

First responders are also fire, ambulance and police....so I guess in any ways taking a first aid course would help but not many people are qualified to be fire fighters or police officers..that being said, if something was on fire people would try to rescue others or try to fight a fire...if someone were trying to hurt your family then you need to protect them by whatever means necessary.....people need to know what their limitations are.

I'm all for that....

You ever spent time in a country where there are no police to protect citizens? It isn't a place anyone wants to be, girls and boys are snatched from homes and off streets to enter either into the sex trade or basically slavery.

People can't own anything shiny or show that they do or other people will just come and take it and I mean anything from groceries to cars...the wealthy have body guards who look like para-military and even though they are wealthy, they live like prisoners because they have to be under guard all the time.....

When it gets to be like this in the US under your anti-policing principle, life will suck, the only thing keeping the US as it is (such as it is) is the threat of being caught. Police can't be everywhere all the time especially in this day and age of de-funding the police.....there is absolutely no way any government would say the citizens are their own first responders......

Re-read this post from you and tell me that doesn't sound like an anti-policing post....

You just described NYC, certain parts of Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, Los Angeles and many others. Yeah I’ve been to over 50 countries. Never felt as unsafe in most of them as I do now in certain parts of the USA and that includes Cuba.
Qualified Immunity
Look it up. You can’t even sue them if they stand by and watch you die.
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled three times police have NO duty to protect you, zero. Sure many do. Sure many times they act. But they are under no legal obligation to do so at all.
Feel like I’m banging my head against the wall with you implying I’m anti-cop. Nothing I said can be construed to be that, nothing. Never criticized them once. Only said that you are your own first responder and nobody else. It’s not anyone else’s job to protect you and yours except you. When seconds count the police are only minutes away.
Canada? Says a lot. You can’t even carry a firearm to protect yourself there. Nor can you store loaded firearms in the house in many parts of it. And you certainly can’t use deadly force to defend yourself even inside your own home. You are directed by your masters to retreat from it and have no Castle Doctrine there. Trudeau’s slaves. Nowhere near free there. May your chains rest lightly.

Last edited:
You just described NYC, certain parts of Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, Los Angeles and many others. Yeah I’ve been to over 50 countries. Never felt as unsafe in most of them as I do now in certain parts of the USA and that includes Cuba.
Qualified Immunity
Look it up. You can’t even sue them if they stand by and watch you die.
The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled three times police have NO duty to protect you, zero. Sure many do. Sure many times they act. But they are under no legal obligation to do so at all.
Feel like I’m banging my head against the wall with you implying I’m anti-cop. Nothing I said can be construed to be that, nothing. Never criticized them once. Only said that you are your own first responder and nobody else. It’s not anyone else’s job to protect you and yours except you.
Canada? Says a lot. Trudeau’s slaves….may your chains rest lightly.
Keep banging your head...I didn't write your posts, I just read them and interpret what you say....

I've been all over the world and into some of the worst places possible where human beings live a life of misery....although the US (and Canada) have their fair share of issues there is absolutely zero comparison to these places.

I have spent quite a bit of time in the US in many states and I agree, there have been several times when I have been very wary of my surroundings.....in many cases once people found out I was Canadian, their entire demeanor changed and they had entirely different attitudes towards me.

Here in Canada we have strict gun laws yet there is still gun violence....that being said, I feels safe walking down any street in any city here and not just because of the color of my skin, I have lots of friends who are persons of color who would agree.

I'd be interested to know your personal experience of being in Canada judging by the comment you made in your last line?

As long as there are constant headlines like this, a strong police force is a requirement as well as some sort of gun control.

Where was the strong police force you say we need when that happened? What did they do to protect anyone? Did it NOT happen because the shooter was worried about getting caught? Seattle, another leftist paradise.

Keep banging your head...I didn't write your posts, I just read them and interpret what you say....

I've been all over the world and into some of the worst places possible where human beings live a life of misery....although the US (and Canada) have their fair share of issues there is absolutely zero comparison to these places.

I have spent quite a bit of time in the US in many states and I agree, there have been several times when I have been very wary of my surroundings.....in many cases once people found out I was Canadian, their entire demeanor changed and they had entirely different attitudes towards me.

Here in Canada we have strict gun laws yet there is still gun violence....that being said, I feels safe walking down any street in any city here and not just because of the color of my skin, I have lots of friends who are persons of color who would agree.

I'd be interested to know your personal experience of being in Canada judging by the comment you made in your last line?

Well your interpretation skills suck. Saying they have no duty to protect you and that I would be fine without them is not bashing them or being anti-cop. I deal with them on a daily basis and have the utmost respect for most. Not going to keep repeating myself on that.
I’ve been to Canada a few times. As you say you have strict gun laws and yet still have gun crime. Why is that? I thought gun laws as you desire for us here work? They don’t and you know it. Now King Trudeau seeks to ban all handguns in Canada. Why? Does he or you honestly think that will lower, lessen or stop crime? That’s effin laughably sad. The last line in my last post rings true when your govt forces vaccinations on you. You/they had no choice in the matter did you? Nope, just line up and take it because they told you to. Sounds a lot like slavery and definitely not freedom to me. Not to mention the shot doesn’t even work. Even after you’ve had four you can still catch it, carry it and spread it so why get it? Peer reviewed studies are coming out now showing natural immunity is stronger than the concoction they forced you to take. But I’m sure that’s something else we will disagree on too.
You’d be hard pressed to name a country I haven’t been to and most often it wasn’t in a five star hotel. There are many parts in many countries where I didn’t worry about things as much as I do some places here. Personal safety? I rely on myself and nobody else. I don’t expect anyone to ‘save me’ or be there for me.

Well your interpretation skills suck. Saying they have no duty to protect you and that I would be fine without them is not bashing them or being anti-cop. I deal with them on a daily basis and have the utmost respect for most. Not going to keep repeating myself on that.
I’ve been to Canada a few times. As you say you have strict gun laws and yet still have gun crime. Why is that? I thought gun laws as you desire for us here work? They don’t and you know it. Now King Trudeau seeks to ban all handguns in Canada. Why? Does he or you honestly think that will lower, lessen or stop crime? That’s effin laughably sad. The last line in my last post rings true when your govt forces vaccinations on you. You/they had no choice in the matter did you? Nope, just line up and take it because they told you to. Sounds a lot like slavery and definitely not freedom to me. Not to mention the shot doesn’t even work. Even after you’ve had four you can still catch it, carry it and spread it so why get it? Peer reviewed studies are coming out now showing natural immunity is stronger than the concoction they forced you to take. But I’m sure that’s something else we will disagree on too.
You’d be hard pressed to name a country I haven’t been to and most often it wasn’t in a five star hotel. There are many parts in many countries where I didn’t worry about things as much as I do some places here. Personal safety? I rely on myself and nobody else. I don’t expect anyone to ‘save me’ or be there for me.
I must have struck a nerve with you.......my interpretation skills are only as good as the product provided by yourself.

Gun crimes are a thing here because of the number of guns smuggled into Canada from the US. It's hard to control that but thankfully gun violence is very minimal here in comparison by capita. I have lots of weapons and I feel I am well above average in the proficiency of them but in all honesty, I don't really need them...I like to have them but don't need them to protect my family or property...it just isn't that way here.

I now know you are anti-vax and anti gun control...that's allowed so no worries on my end believe what you want, I have no problem with people believing what they want, we slugged that out in other threads already and honestly, I'm sick and tired of the whole subject.

The pandemic was the pandemic, not much the world could do about that, we weren't the only country that imposed vaccinations and rightfully so.

Not to delve into the measurement contest but I never stayed in any hotel in the countries I was in...most times I and my team arrived in the dark via covert means and left the same way.

You have yourself a nice day...I'm going out to do a little maintenance on the Bumblebee...which is my real passion...

It’s unfortunate that due to the political entanglement of this topic, there’s never going to be an appropriate solution enacted.

The appropriate solution would be to let citizens of this country decide for themselves if they wish to protect themselves or not.

Let people of NYC carry to protect themselves and crime rates would drop significantly. It’s not rocket science. In places where people can carry and will defend themselves crime rates are considerably lower than in places where they can’t. Why is that? It’s because criminals know that and have no fear of the average citizen. They are sheep being preyed upon by violent predators.
As I said you cannot even defend yourself with deadly force inside your home in Canada. You are literally directed to flee instead. They are subjects there not citizens. Subject to political whim, subject to King Truedeau, subject to having their entire financial life frozen if they go against the edicts of their govt. subjects and definitely not free.

Back