Cornering

Akitatec

Registered
I have just purchased my first Busa, coming from a GSXR 750 and a little worried about the cornering of this bike. I have heard all the stories about once in a turn you have to be committed and that the bike is not as forgiving. I am currently in Iraq and every time I come home I have re-acquaint myself with my 750 i.e.. practicing my braking and turns(figure 8s) in the tightest position I can get in front of the house before taking her out. I feel better doing this than just jumping on it and going balls to the wall. I plan on getting well acquainted with the Busa in the same fashion. I am just curious about the cornering, would taking a few laps around the cloverleafs in the area help?

Thank you for your service!

Busa's corner alot better than most think, but they are a little heavier and harder to throw around than your 750. Start slow and work your way up. Do a trackday you can learn more on one trackday than a year on the street.

Unless you're a knee dragger, the extra weight is the only difference you'll notice.
There does come a point with 2 equally highly experienced riders, when eventually the smaller 750/1000 will out handle the Busa. Not something most will see or experience on the street.
Don't belive any hype that the Busa won't handle, corner, wheelie, or anything else.
There's always room for improvement on any machine, but overall, the Busa is a very well rounded, excellent motorcycle.

Thanks for the comments, I've a buddy here that rides a 2007 ZX - 10 also suggest that I take a track coarse.

Thank you for your service to this great nation, sir!

AND, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

By all means, inroll in a track school and get professional guidance. It will be the best money you will ever spend. You will not only improve your skills but you will have so much more confidence at the end of the day!

Enjoy your new ride! :beerchug:

you can ride the chicken strips right off man. just be careful on the corner exit, busas get up a hell of a lot faster than a 750.

New tires. Get some with higher walls. I just got a new set with some pretty steep walls and now the bike sucks me into a corner. I use to have to whip hard to get down, now i start to lead the bike and it takes me the rest of the way and does all the work.

New tires...beautiful thing.

Easy to go into corners too fast, brakes don't perform nearly as well as the rest of the bike. Ride safe bro and thanks for your service!
Posted via Mobile Device

My first bike was a 600 then I stepped up to a 1000. That was a night and day difference with power and weight. 1000 heavier but a ton more power, but cornered the same. My hayabusa handles very good, just careful with throttle on exit.
TIPS
1) track day or racing school.
2) Tires the tires that come with the bike are made to manufactures specs, the same tires aftermarket stick better.
3) Most crucial get a basic suspension setup for the bike with you on it.

The bike will perform beyond your abilities, the only time the bike will not perform in corners is when you make a mistake.

I wouldn't believe everything you here n the net. When I first bought my busa as a first bike Most on the net said I was nuts, crazy, too big of a bike, I was going to kill my self and every other negative thing under the sun.
The busa is a great bike for anyone.
Never let anything hold you back because ya think you cant do it, you can do it!!!
Grip it and rip it

Thank you for your service to this great nation, sir!

AND, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

By all means, inroll in a track school and get professional guidance. It will be the best money you will ever spend. You will not only improve your skills but you will have so much more confidence at the end of the day!

Enjoy your new ride! :beerchug:

Dang it Tuf, I hate when you make sense. I whole heartedly agree. Do a track day and it will make leaps and bounds differences in your skills.

Corners well. Here's a couple days ago.

Just takes practice. Track day with the some classroom is a great idea.

tim_drag1_800.jpg

tim_drag1_800.jpg

Back