Dog Question

Make certain you can return her if there are any problems... Lot so of Shelters are a bit generous in their descriptions. Usually NOT when it comes to temperment but in regards to "good with cats", house trained etc...

Just make certain that they have a return policy... It happens.

I have a 4 year old daughter. No other pets around anymore. There is about a 4-5 hour period that nobody is home Mon-Fri.

def has pitbull in her lines.. Majority of that breed are exc pets the horrible ones are def the
minority I think you'll love owning a bully breed great family dogs
beerchug.gif

i am a shepherd guy also, but she looks like a great gal that needs a forever home, if she's been temperment tested and not overly aggressive go for it, i bet she's great though and smart!!

I've got a Jack Russell mixed with either Doberman or Rot, and just wanted to pass along, don't underestimate your new family member.  Terriers are a bread of dog that is known to be smart, active, and difficult to train. So just when you think you've got em all figured out, watch out they'll surprise ya!  Any how, good choice and congrats, she looks to be an awesome dog!
ThumbsUp.gif

It looks more rat terrier than pitbull. The muzzle is a lot narrow than a pit bull who has a boxier muzzle. Also kinda slim on teh body. Spartas only 4 months and is about 35 lbs. He's not one of the mutated pits but full blood.

I plan on going to see the dog this Saturday. I want to put it on a leash and see how she acts and let her meet my daughter.

Good for you! I have had dogs all my life. The last two were dogs I adopted. Duke was a very large Doberman. I started out looking for a small dog that would not intimidate my wife as she had never had a dog before. When we got Duke my wife said it was my dog and she wanted nothing to do with him. After just a few weeks he won her over. He was the sweetest dog you could ever hope for, and we both cried like a baby when we lost him to a heart condition 4 years later. We looked for another dobbie, but did not find one that seemed like a fit. We ended up adopting Pepper, a 2 year old black lab chow mix. He is about as perfect of a dog as you could hope for. He is the joy of our lives. You will know it when you find the right dog, and the dog will let you know if they are right for you too. Other dogs on that site I would encourage you to consider would be Paris, Sinclair and Harley. Although I'm not an expert, I have a knack for spotting great dogs!
bowdown.gif

We ended up adopting Pepper, a 2 year old black lab chow mix. He is about as perfect of a dog as you could hope for. He is the joy of our lives. You will know it when you find the right dog, and the dog will let you know if they are right for you too. Other dogs on that site I would encourage you to consider would be Paris, Sinclair and Harley. Although I'm not an expert, I have a knack for spotting great dogs!
bowdown.gif
We have a Chow-brador, too! She is the dog that all other dogs will be measured against (and found lacking). I swear she has a thumb - she can unzip things. She's getting older now - was 2-4 yrs old when we adopted her 8 years ago - and it's going to be a dark day indeed when we lose her.

447662004_4cc91ca215.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a chow/lab mix growing up awesome dog... Wonder y chows and labs always getting together def on of the
more common crosses

We ended up adopting Pepper, a 2 year old black lab chow mix. He is about as perfect of a dog as you could hope for. He is the joy of our lives. You will know it when you find the right dog, and the dog will let you know if they are right for you too. Other dogs on that site I would encourage you to consider would be Paris, Sinclair and Harley. Although I'm not an expert, I have a knack for spotting great dogs!
bowdown.gif
We have a Chow-brador, too! She is the dog that all other dogs will be measured against (and found lacking). I swear she has a thumb - she can unzip things. She's getting older now - was 2-4 yrs old when we adopted her 8 years ago - and it's going to be a dark day indeed when we lose her.

447662004_4cc91ca215.jpg
Wow, that could be Peppers sister!
SHOCKED.gif
I understand what you mean, pepper has almost mastered opening the door to the garage. He is so smart I don't have to tell him to do anything!

AM -->
300Busa @ May 13 2008 said:
Are the wire crates better?

PS, what part of Chicago are you in? I am about 60 miles south of Chicago in Kankakee county.
Wire or Plastic, don't matter really it's your preference.
I have heard the plastic one's give them more of a "den" feeling of security.

I'm actually in Schaumburg by I-90 and I-355 , west of there about 20 mins.

It amuses me when people see a short muzzle and automatically say
"It's a pit bull mix somehow". Everything is a "Pit Bull" mix
I can name 10-20 OTHER breeds it looks like.....namely an overgrown Jack Russell terrier mix.
(But that doesn't sound evil enough I know)
LOOK IT"S A MINI PIT BULL MIX!!!!

Thanks to the media BS. Anyone remember the 70's?? The big bad dobermans....
It's amazing how the media ignores them now. Time must have cured
their evilness or they did a handoff to the APBT now.....****** media pisses me off.

It just perpetuates the ignorance

PM -->
HRHDi @ May 13 2008 said:

447662004_4cc91ca215.jpg
Wow, that could be Peppers sister! I understand what you mean, pepper has almost mastered opening the door to the garage. He is so smart I don't have to tell him to do anything!
Shelby is a daddy's girl and has me well trained. She is by far the smartest dog I've ever had.

I've never had a Rottie, but they are cool looking dogs.

We had Basset Hounds growing up. They are great family dogs but dumb as dirt.

Back