Faster than a police radar

Lucky34

Registered
Well... yesterday sucked cause I got a speeding ticket on the busa... but it was cool talking to the cop.
He was in a black undercover mercury and I didn't see him at all until he had the lights on me... (You know... that initial - downshift and gun it - flashed in my head, but I figured it wasn't worth it... so I did the right thing and pulled right over). Turns out he had been at an intersection and I "flew" past him "doing every bit of AT LEAST 85 in a 35"
wow.gif
I was like... naaaww.. nooo way .... He said that I was going so fast his radar didn't even have enough time to lock on and give him a reading. Hahahaha... I thought... "WELL... it IS a Hayabusa, u know....
tounge.gif
".... anyways, he ended up giving me a speed-less speeding ticket because he didn't get a reading, but he told me that he could have arrested me. He gave me a big break, and I was really nice to him, so we chatted for a few minutes afterwards... Turns out he also rides (CBR 1000), and he drag-races the Sheriff's drag-car at the local track (runs 10.4 second 1/4 miles
wow.gif
). (I still beat him with my 9's though
tounge.gif
).

So yeah... although it sucked getting a ticket, I think in the end it turned out pretty good. He told me he was just doing his job and he would hate to have to scrape me off a tree or something, and I know he's right... so I'm gonna try and slow down... at least on the street...:) Although it's really hard on the busa... hehe... Any anti-performance mods out there I could do?
tounge.gif

Oh... and he told me I should take my speeding to the track.... but unfortunately I did that... and was going through tires in about 2 weeks....

wow.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I'm thinking if I put one of those TREE's u guys talk about all that time it should slow me down a little... one of the BIG ones...
laugh.gif

I dont know where you are, but here in Fl the highway patrol now have a couple undercover Mercury Marauders that they use. Really nice cars, basically a Grand Marquis but with 302 hp stock and 18" rims. They are really hard to spot, most are black with dark tint and lights up the a-pillars on the inside and strobes in the lights. Watch out!

He said that I was going so fast his radar didn't even have enough time to lock on and give him a reading. Hahahaha... I thought... "WELL... it IS a Hayabusa, u know....
tounge.gif
".... anyways, he ended up giving me a speed-less speeding ticket because he didn't get a reading, but he told me that he could have arrested me.

so I'm gonna try and slow down... at least on the street...:) Although it's really hard on the busa... hehe... Any anti-performance mods out there I could do?
tounge.gif
I went to court a while back for a ticket. While there another guy's case was called. He was given a ticket with no speed listed on it. The judge threw it out saying it was a defective ticket (her exact words). You might get lucky.

As for anti-performance mods ... you can always trade in you Busa for anything non-Suzuki.
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Did you reward LEO with a donut? Good cop have donut. Easy PDBusa you know Im just playing
wink.gif

The Mercury Marauders that law enforcement use aren't your average run of the mill Merc's. They're pushing alittle more power.

Back