Former R1 owner looking to get an 08 busa

Greeblesnitz

Registered
Hello everyone, I got an 07 r1 new back in march and have loved it until wednesday when it was stolen. I'm in the process of filing the claim and am looking at an 08 busa possibly for my next bike. I was looking to get some opinions on how the hayabusa would compare to an r1. Thanks much!

Both are great bikes. The busa will be easier on your butt. Some members here have both, they will chime in soon.

1.- Loads and loads of Torque, like a publication recently scanned by one of our Busa borthers states to be a con for the Busa: "A lot faster than you think!"
smile.gif

2.- A lot more comfortable for commuting and for the long trip.
3.- Very good cornering for a beast her size (Of course not close to an R1, but still let's you drag knee, if you know how to)
4.- Passenger will also be quite more comfy than in an R1.
5.- A lot of aftermarket stuff for you to start spending all those bucks you have in spare
smile.gif

6.- Outstanding attention magnet.
7.- This forum of course!

GO FOR IT MAN!!!, we all here in Hayabusa.org can guarantee you it won't be a regretable decission at all, very soon your busa beast will make you forget your R1.

Cheers and congrats on whatever you decide!
bowdown.gif

smile.gif

welcome.gif

No clue on how they would compare.  I've never owned one(litre bike) and I dont totally buy what the mags say about the bikes they test

Welcome to the org, can compare to the R1, have only ridden the R6, and that of that does not compare. I bet you wont be disappointed with the new k8.

A few guys here have both, V-man will hopefully chime in. He is one heck of a rider and can tell you more about the two bikes + and -'s.......

Im the opposite, I have a 2002 BUSA and am looking at pickin up a 200 R6, so maybe you can give me a few pointers on the Yamaha family!  Never been a part of anything but Suzuki!

Oh, and WELCOME!!  
beerchug.gif

(forgot, i am KEEPING my BUSA though, just pickin up a track bike)

Thanks for the responses and welcomes guys. The r1 was fun for tight backroads but riding for 3 hours down the the beach... in hot weather.. yeoch that bike put off some serious heat and was not a smooth ride. What do you think of aftermarket support, parts and such? How about suspension, how does it handle on roads that have occasional bumps and such on them? I got pulled over on my r1 for "flickering" headlights cause the bumps combined with the projection lights and tight suspension looked "chaotic" according to the cop.

I wasn't big on the big bulky front end of the busa at first but as i'm checking out the galleries on this site, there are a lot sharp looking bikes on here.

Im the opposite, I have a 2002 BUSA and am looking at pickin up a 200 R6, so maybe you can give me a few pointers on the Yamaha family!  Never been a part of anything but Suzuki!

Oh, and WELCOME!!  
beerchug.gif
My buddy just got an r6S for his first bike. Its like a wussier version of the r6 but its his first bike ;-) After I sat on a busa in the showroom then on an r1 and r6... they felt small. The new r6's seem to be built well and look great and some people have said that a stock r6 can hit 160. My r1 was real easy to throw around and r6 should be even better at that. One thing I have heard is a big difference is that the yamaha bikes have their powerband up higher in the rpm range which gives them a bit of a laggy feel off the line whereas suzuki's are geared more evenly
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Get another R-1. The BUSA is a Beast but if you wan't to Canyon Carve then the R-1 would be my first choice. Most Superbikes are so Closely Matched that it all about the RIDER'S SKILL Level..

Just my 2 CENTS Worth
peace.gif

I had a 2004 R1 before i got my K8

Unless you are into hardcore knee dragging there isn't a single thing that you will miss about the R1.

The Busa is worlds more comfortable, has amazing power, and just all in all an amazing bike.

I don't have a Hayabusa...yet (have ridden a few). Looking to buy one thats why I am on here, but I do have an '04 R1 and an '05 GSXR 1000. The older Busa does not handle as well as the '08 but neither model compares to the flickability of a good stack. I just happen to like the fact that the Busa is comfortable and turbo kits abound for them. If this world were fair I would say pick up another R1 ('04-05)and get an older Busa and just have the best of both worlds...by having both worlds.

super.gif
PM -->
Greeblesnitz @ Jun. 29 2008 said:
1463601[/ATTACH] PM]
Thanks for the responses and welcomes guys. The r1 was fun for tight backroads but riding for 3 hours down the the beach... in hot weather.. yeoch that bike put off some serious heat and was not a smooth ride. What do you think of aftermarket support, parts and such? How about suspension, how does it handle on roads that have occasional bumps and such on them? I got pulled over on my r1 for "flickering" headlights cause the bumps combined with the projection lights and tight suspension looked "chaotic" according to the cop.

I wasn't big on the big bulky front end of the busa at first but as i'm checking out the galleries on this site, there are a lot sharp looking bikes on here.
Yeah...I hear the R1 puts out a lot of heat.  A friend of mine has the '07 and he likes it here in the brutal San Diego winter.

laugh.gif

Seriously, the 'busa will be much more accommodating along that line, but as compared with any litre bike, the 'busa can carve canyons...if you know how to do it.

Good luck, and welcome!

Scar

08___06_Feb_9__08.jpg

super.gif

Thanks for all the feedback. I met with the insurance people today I went in there with printouts of ebay sales and dealership sales showing a slightly elevated value of an 07 r1 so i'm hoping to get most of what i paid back. They are also paying me out $1000 for aftermarket mods which is close to what I put in (i didn't get a chance to do the exhaust yet since i only had it for 3 months). All in all i should be buying end of July
ThumbsUp.gif

Back