Fuel Economy

mcbradshaw

Registered
I just got my Hayabusa two days ago and I am already thinking of how I'm going to trick it out. I was just wondering what effect a turbo, performance exaust, PCIII and other such mods have on the fuel economy. What would y'all recommend for boosting economy? I guest 44mpg combined city/highway is not good enough for a beast such at the Hayausa. ;)

BTW, this is my first post since becoming a member and thus the first time since getting my Busa. I'm not disappointed. It's one hell of a ride.

Welcome to the board. Not sure what all of the mods do to fuel economy, but then again, I don't really care. Fuel economy was furthest from my mind when I bought the Busa. If I want fuel economy, I'll ride my 250

Welcome to the board. If I had to guess exhaust would be the best thing for gas mileage as long as you keep you wrest out of the throttle.
tounge.gif

buy a focus, or aveo..

gas mileage on a bike.. pshhh.. who cares.

for the record though.. mine gets right about 40 on boring rides .. 20 at track days, and about 32-34 on fun rides.

only thing i've got is a full micron system

fuel economy with a " busa " .. is that possible !!!!! ..of course it is .. idle alot ..find hills to go down .. drafting is always a thrilling adventure ..or try a ..rear wing grab on the next Honda or Nissan that has a wing to "grab on too" .. other than that I get anywhere from 30 to 42 per gl. ( its all in the wrist )
blush.gif

lol. Thanks ... The reason I ask is that I plan to do quite a bit of commuting. I have a Chevy S-10 that gets 15mpg in the same sort of driving that I'v been getting 44 with the Hayabusa. I'm definitly not complaining and the Busa is so much more fun.

Am I wrong to think that a turbo might actually help economy, like in the case of diesel engines?

<!--EDIT|mcbradshaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118650199 -->

Fuel economy. Oh yeah, that's why I bought my Busa. Really.
laugh.gif

Anyway, the turbo will give you more power, but I think the economy will suffer because the the theory is that the more air you are able to push in enables you to burn an increased amount of fuel. That's why a lot of folks who go turbo also get higher flowing injectors.

You turbo guys should chime in here...

Lets see....stuff more air and fuel into the same space to get more punch......naw, yer gonna burn more I think!

By the way,,,welcome to the board!

Pics please!!!
biggrin.gif

I have two factory turbo bikes that put out a helluva lot more HP per liter than a Busa...gotta love turbo's!
smile.gif

They won't do anything to improve gas mileage. The nice thing is they don't really effect your mileage when your not spooling things up.
My tiny V-Twins get about 55 mpg on the highway and overall average about 48 mpg. When pushed to the limits they get 18 mpg and that's no typo.

Back