Gen 3 bogs at high rpm when hot

Hello, bought a 2023 Gen 3 new in 2023. When hot, it cuts out at higher rpms. Watch video, I’m hold throttle wide open in neutral. Even worse in gear. Can’t pass cars, it Boggs out when warmed up.
Dealer can’t recreate because you got to warm it up first, and they have been very complacent.

link says "page doesn't exist". Maybe try uploading as a youtube short?

@smithabusa
Is the diagnostic plug under the Gen3 rear seat still red/white to black/white like the Gen1 and 2?
So the op could jumper them, go ride, and see if he gets a code to flash on the dash?

When exhibiting the problem open the tank. Is there a rush of air?

Yes, eliminating simple problems is always a good idea, as a vapor lock from a clogged gas cap vent can cause fuel starvation.
The problem appears to be more electrical, instead of a more common stumble or engine dieing from lack of fuel, but it would still be worth checking.
To me it seems like the throttle position sensor is getting hot and failing, but that should throw a code.
No codes would make me suspect the ecu.
If I was the dealer I would try another ecu to eliminate that as the problem...but they sound like they are pretty useless, like most dealers, as they won't even let it idle, get warm, and replicate the problem like in the op's video.

@Col Braddock
You wouldn't happen to know anyone else with a Gen3 would you?
That you could swap the ecu out of.
As long as you disconnect the battery before you unplug the ecu, to prevent a static arc, you will not damage the other ecu.
I hate to throw parts at a problem, but based on other Gen3 issues, I would want to check another ecu, as there is no real way otherwise to test if they are bad or not.

If your temperature gauge is at the H for Hot, your ECU is trying to protect the engine from damage.

Referring to the Gen 2 Hayabusa, it cuts spark timing and I think it lowers the rev limiter.

To me the most important question is why is your temperature gauge reading Hot? Is the sensor disconnected, or do you have a coolant problem?

Fix the hot engine problem first, then see how the engine runs.... Before you toast it.

Mark

It may possibly be the throttle plates closing due to a fault in the stepper motor controlling the plates, or even the signal from the ECU controlling the stepper motor, so take the airbox lid and Air Filter off and visually check the throttle plates when you open the throttle as you did in the video . . if they are staying wide open all is good with them, but if they open, then close then open and close then that's the cause of the problem, then it's a case of working out why that fault exists.
just a thought. . . also disconnect the battery ground for 10 minutes to clear and reset the ECU. Reconnect the ground cable and recheck for the fault.

Back