Gen iii hayabusa coming!

My dealer told me that a new Busa would be out this year and that has never happened. So we will see

I'm going to be bold and say Gen III finally comes.

But if it doesn't, I'll say it's coming for the 20 year anni.

I heard that Suzuki was going to do a radical mix of black and red with a new swooshing kanji.. The speedo is going back up to 200 mph too.. >>> In my best MASH voice <<<< That is all

the 2017 models were on display at the Tokyo motorcycle show, and the Hayabusas look the same as last years models

Did not read this entire thread but here's what I think we gat in 2018:

1. Lighter frame, apparently they already applied for the patent on it. Bike will be 35-50 lbs lighter.
2. 1500 cc motor, no Suzuki variable valve timing. But this will not make much more power since it will be Euro4 compliant.
3. Basic electronics - ABS, ride modes, maybe TC and outside chance on launch control.
4. Same basic styling with small updates like to the lights (LEDs).
5. Same sportyish riding position.
6. $16.5K USD

Honestly, I would take that!

the 2017 models were on display at the Tokyo motorcycle show, and the Hayabusas look the same as last years models

I'm guessing you're referring to the ancient videos of the 2015 show that had the 2016 models that for some reason people seem to never bother checking the date on. Or have you actually seen something else?

Wow how would you like to buy some swap land in Florida, i give you a real deal!

I'm guessing you're referring to the ancient videos of the 2015 show that had the 2016 models that for some reason people seem to never bother checking the date on. Or have you actually seen something else?

I don't think not launching a new model at a show in March means anything.

I don't think not launching a new model at a show in March means anything.

Nobody said anything of the sort...

And there was no TMS in March. The Tokyo Motor Show is once every two years. Mind you, those years are odd-numbered. I forget what month it typically occurs but it's nowhere near March either.

I'm going by Youtube videos of the 2016 Tokyo Motorcycle Show, the one that occurs annually.

I'm going by Youtube videos of the 2016 Tokyo Motorcycle Show, the one that occurs annually.

Gotcha. Havn't seen those. Thought you might be referencing the Showroom Japan videos of "2017" models from 2015 that keeps circulating for whatever reason.

But now this annual Tokyo Motorcycle Show thing... what the hell? Could have sworn that thing was every two years. My ricer buddy always draws my attention to it but I only hear a word about it every other year -_-

Nobody said anything of the sort...

And there was no TMS in March. The Tokyo Motor Show is once every two years. Mind you, those years are odd-numbered. I forget what month it typically occurs but it's nowhere near March either.

Yes they did.re-read the thread and then inwardly digest and yes it was look that up as well.your getting your shows confused.

Yes they did.re-read the thread and then inwardly digest and yes it was look that up as well.your getting your shows confused.

Well maybe a "they" did, but you quoted my post, and I certainly did not. And you might be right about me getting shows mixed up, but no, the show I referred to is never anywhere near March. I might be pulling the bi-annual thing out of my ass somehow, but the Tokyo Motor Show is never during spring. At least not for as long as I've been following it.

Gotcha. Havn't seen those. Thought you might be referencing the Showroom Japan videos of "2017" models from 2015 that keeps circulating for whatever reason.

But now this annual Tokyo Motorcycle Show thing... what the hell? Could have sworn that thing was every two years. My ricer buddy always draws my attention to it but I only hear a word about it every other year -_-

There are two shows: 1) The Tokyo Motor Show (every 2 years, next is in 2017) which deals with all motor vehicles, and 2) The Tokyo Motorcycle Show (every year in March, the one I was referencing) which deals exclusively with motorcycles.

I'm wondering if the motorcycles the Tokyo Motorcycle Show had on display were 2016 models, although you would think that they would want to showcase the next year's models.

I was told from a very reputable source that the new and upgraded gsxr 1000 will be hitting the market in 2017. The plan was for it to drop between July-September but after some test and trials they went back to the drawing board. So with that being said it can be possible that they'll also release a new Hayabusa at that time.

There are two shows: 1) The Tokyo Motor Show (every 2 years, next is in 2017) which deals with all motor vehicles, and 2) The Tokyo Motorcycle Show (every year in March, the one I was referencing) which deals exclusively with motorcycles.

I'm wondering if the motorcycles the Tokyo Motorcycle Show had on display were 2016 models, although you would think that they would want to showcase the next year's models.

Thank you for saving me some of my sanity. One HALF of a word missing has had my mind boggled. I'll put the bottle down now and stop rocking back and forth in the corner :laugh:

Back