GOT Me ONE!!!

HayaVegas

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I got a 2005 Red/Black and I never had a busa before.

It is a 3 month old used model, and its in perfect condition. It came with some nice mods that I would have already definitely done. They are below.

I had a zx11 and a zx12 and after riding the busa home in the city and on the highway, I have had a chance to really compare it to the other 2 bikes.

First thing that I personally appreciate is the height of it. I can comfortably straddle at the redlights with a flat foot on the left, unlike my old 12 where I was barely toe-ing the ground.

It feels very smooth and unlike the 12, the head doesnt shake at all, nor does it even "think" of getting a tankslapper, whereas the 12 was insanely light, and it would always wobble. I took my hands off the bars at 100 and it tracked like the zx11...perfectly!

The fit and finish on the suzuki is light years ahead of the zx12. It feels more solid.

Acceleration is not as intense as the 12, but it is more linear.
Torque is clearly greater than the 12, and it is very noticeable. I did find myself jerking back after switching to 2nd and then opening the throttle the way I was used to...it would lurch me away from the bars. - I quickly adapted.

3rd gear is like "oh ####" on the busa. I got nowhere near the redline...nowhere near it....I can only imagine whats waiting there.

The 12 would explode with power from 8k and up...this bike seems to not have the explosiveness, but it has a classier feel to its power delivery. Much like the 11.

The 11 was very heavy and steady feeling, and the busa is like the evolution of the 11...in that the busa feels like a super lighter version with much better balance, and power and all...but it doesnt feel like its carrying any weight whereas the 11 felt like it was doing some work when it pulled.

The 12 was easier to sit and accelerate on, whereas the busa makes me feel like Im going off the back of the bike. I gotta figure out something to do about that.

I didnt have the hump installed on the ride home...maybe a corbin? I dont know.

The bolts on the busa are nice and sturdy. The 12 had shitty plastic crap and the lines were off on it. The busa has a great design in that it hides all the crap.

The Touring screen that was on it makes the view of the speedo perfect from any angle. The tank bra is nice with a busa emblem, and the bike came with bar risers OEM I think. Spacers. It looks OEM. The feel and reach is perfect.

I like the flash to pass button. thats cute!

The bike handles better than the 12 for normal riding, in my opinion. The 12 might be more flickable, but that doesnt mean much to me and how I ride. I found the busa was way more planted in a highway onramp sweeper than the 12 was...the 12 wanted you to get up on the bars to hold a line.
Not the busa.

The engine idle on the busa doesnt sound like the 12. It sounds more like the 11's engine did.

The 12 engine sounds more tight and crisp and the busa engine sounds a bit like a deisel. Dont misunderstand me about that. I mean it sounds like the 11 did. Kind of like a relaxed large cat such as a lion or breathing.

The 12 was like a faster breathing more anxious animal at idle.

I am happier with the busa. It is all that I liked about the 11 and more power and lighter feeling and slicker design.

I also feel it has none of what I hated about the 12. -Too light and removed from the road, too high off the ground, too squirmy steering, and too frenetic power delivery, too shotty in fit and finish.

Well, thats my take for what its worth. I am excited, and now my only problem is my forum name. KawiZixxer sucks. I want to change it to something else now.

<!--EDIT|KawiZixxer
Reason for Edit: "added pic"|1113803704 -->

PICT0018cc800.jpg

Got me one 2! Welcome. I grew up in Vegas (Henderson actually). I upgraded from a ZX-11 to a Busa, and will never look back (at the Cows). Anyway welcome. PICS!!!!

congrats on the new bike + thanks for the comparisons - always good to hear
smile.gif

welcome aboard!
thumbs-up.gif

Congrats on the purchase! Thanks also for the comparison with the 11 and 12. Now, get some pics taken and post 'em up here!
biggrin.gif

congrats... and welcome abord
biggrin.gif

...Wait till the mod bug catches up with you
cool.gif

m8 i read wat ya wrote and every bit ofit makes sence n1
biggrin.gif
i can tell you that the busa is a pussycat when ridden as normal and is a tiger when you start pushing the power on.
either way you have a lovly lil bike,and alot of fun to be had
wink.gif

o yea and welcome to the board!

Good to read some honest feedback on the differences between all the bikes...

Put the hump on and you won't fly off the back, and WELCOME!
cool.gif

Back