hard start

pcs

Registered
i experienced a hard start issue. its annoying and ive been able to recreate it. i first noticed it when i let someone ride it and they stalled it. then when they tried to restart it but hitting the start button (without cycling the key.) the engine is slow to crank and sounds as if the battery is low on juice. if i turn key to off and wait, then cycle on, then hit start, the motor fires right up. if i quickly cycle the key on/off it will slow crank and not start. only happens after a stall. every other time, engine fires up. i have around 250miles on odo. anyone else experienced this?

i experienced a hard start issue. its annoying and ive been able to recreate it. i first noticed it when i let someone ride it and they stalled it. then when they tried to restart it but hitting the start button (without cycling the key.) the engine is slow to crank and sounds as if the battery is low on juice. if i turn key to off and wait, then cycle on, then hit start, the motor fires right up. if i quickly cycle the key on/off it will slow crank and not start. only happens after a stall. every other time, engine fires up. i have around 250miles on odo. anyone else experienced this?
Sounds like a fuel rail pressure issue.

Same thing happened to me this week, twice. Once with a stall and once after filling with gas. I had to cycle the key also to start it both times. I’m not sure the cause…

Reactions: pcs
I've stalled the '18 gsxr1000R several times, and each time it takes alot longer than normal to start it, unless I cycle the key, then it starts quickly.
It also has the one touch start button, instead of holding the start button until it starts. I *assume* the gen3 start button is the same??

That's interesting, I've stalled my GEN one countless times, and I go right back to the clutch and starter button combo and fires right back up.

New bike, new protocol. Possibly a fault correction procedure. Reset and restart.

My H2 did the same thing..exact same thing..so, I'm thinkin its because of the can bus data transfer we have now, whole bike has to clear the computer to do anything
It's more so now with the latching start button. It relies on the ECU to fire the starting sequence rather than a plain old SPST switch. I learnt more about it while adapting the Gen3 controls to my Gen2

You know, it would've been nice if they had gotten a hold of all the Hayabusa owners from 99 on, and let us know about all these special little changes they made to the brand new generation. It's not like we haven't been riding their bikes for decades.:p

You know, you walk in the day you pick up your new bike, and they hand you a CD to watch prior to your first run on this new machine. "We changed this, and this, and this, and this, and this....."

Hand you a CD?!?
lmao!!
It's 2021
Ok, ok, to be fair...in May 2019 I got a new F150, on the way home from the dealer I noticed that there was no CD player!!
Only to find out Ford deleted the CD player for 2019! The idetical looking 2018 dash had it.
Oh well, I had to eventually get with the times and just play music through my phone in the truck.
Face it,
You're old, and no longer relavent...as you still think in terms of CD's.
lmao

Hand you a CD?!?
lmao!!
It's 2021
Ok, ok, to be fair...in May 2019 I got a new F150, on the way home from the dealer I noticed that there was no CD player!!
Only to find out Ford deleted the CD player for 2019! The idetical looking 2018 dash had it.
Oh well, I had to eventually get with the times and just play music through my phone in the truck.
Face it,
You're old, and no longer relavent...as you still think in terms of CD's.
lmao
Hello? Police - I'd like to report a murder... lol

Oh man, just thinking about the kickback my kz900 would give sometimes when starting it. I don't miss that.
I remember many years ago when my older brother was restoring a Norton 850 High rider....he had the timing a bit off and when he kicked it, he almost flew over the handlebars....

I also remember the first bike my dad bought that didn't have a kickstarter (650 Yamaha Maxim) and he didn't trust it one bit without a kickstarter...

Back