hard start

My '99 Copper is < 800 VIN. I remember all of the issues with it that that Suzuki claimed were impossible, until too much info was spreading around the internet. The Gen3 issues were taken care of post-haste.
My '05 LE and '09 didn't starting / running issues.

Look what I found while trying to remember if my '05 and '09 had recalls. Would you put your faith in this information?

Suzuki Hayabusa starting problems can sometimes be traced back to the carburetor, as well.

If you haven’t cleaned the carburetor jets in a long time, and you now have trouble starting, then that could be the main reason for it.
:shocked::shocked:

Considering all Hayabusas are fuel injected that's a piece of troubling info

I'd be really questioning the source of that info...

Off topic:
My '08 Ducati 1098 with the self-starter had crazy starting issues and CANBUS codes. I even added the parallel battery wiring upgrade. Eventually, I traced it back to the HID low beam at the time when they didn't all have the resistors. I purchased and installed some HID specific in-line resistors, and it solved it 100%. This was after changing a few batteries and sensors that the dash code threw out - $$$$$.
No, when your bike is having starting issues, would you think to turn on your high beam? This was 100% my fault, not Italian electronics.

:shocked::shocked:

Considering all Hayabusas are fuel injected that's a piece of troubling info

I'd be really questioning the source of that info...
Hey BB, how many of these problems do you think are the result of not taking the engine into the higher rpm ranges and blowing out the crap? It's a big engine designed to be ridden hard and I always give mine some stick when it's safe, take it up over 10,000 regularly in 1st and 2nd, but how many riders are doing that I wonder? I also read here (or somewhere) that the gen2 has duel sets of injectors and the second set is only actuated when in 3rd or above and going over 7000 rpm? I never checked that it it made sense considering the ramAir design of the engine. Can you validate that?

Hey BB, how many of these problems do you think are the result of not taking the engine into the higher rpm ranges and blowing out the crap? It's a big engine designed to be ridden hard and I always give mine some stick when it's safe, take it up over 10,000 regularly in 1st and 2nd, but how many riders are doing that I wonder? I also read here (or somewhere) that the gen2 has duel sets of injectors and the second set is only actuated when in 3rd or above and going over 7000 rpm? I never checked that it it made sense considering the ramAir design of the engine. Can you validate that?
I think the main issues with fueling derives from maintenance, fuel quality and storage

If someone rides around and never engages the secondary injectors, they could potentially clog over time....I think they engage at 6000 rpm so someone would really have to be putting around to not engage them.

I think the main issues with fueling derives from maintenance, fuel quality and storage

If someone rides around and never engages the secondary injectors, they could potentially clog over time....I think they engage at 6000 rpm so someone would really have to be putting around to not engage them.
Are you a fan of injector cleaners? I toss a load in every few months, usually waiting till the tank is 50km of empty, put in a double dose and go for a cane, then fill up on the way back so I don't have much of it left sitting in the system.

Are you a fan of injector cleaners? I toss a load in every few months, usually waiting till the tank is 50km of empty, put in a double dose and go for a cane, then fill up on the way back so I don't have much of it left sitting in the system.
I use a fuel system cleaner periodically and always use Stab-bil when I store it...

I use Seafoam in my small engines from time to time as well...so for (knock on wood) I've had zero carb issues with any of them.

I use a fuel system cleaner periodically and always use Stab-bil when I store it...
Same as then. I only run 95 in my bikes, all the mechanics recommend that, not 98 which they say can make some run hot. I used to run 98 but it cooked the spark plugs in my old old ZZR. That was carbs though and no O2 sensors.

Same as then. I only run 95 in my bikes, all the mechanics recommend that, not 98 which they say can make some run hot. I used to run 98 but it cooked the spark plugs in my old old ZZR. That was carbs though and no O2 sensors.
Because we have a high ethanol content in our low to mid range fuel, I only run high test as it has no ethanol...

I run that in all my small engines....

Ethanol, another scam foisted on the public. We still have it here, in separate pumps at the odd servo, but no one but the completely ignorant buys it. In the early days when the pumps were everywhere I accidentally ran it in a chainsaw. Big mistake.

Back